HFVan Hockey League 2018/19 Part II - Draft Looming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
LAFFING ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK
:caps / :bolts

To WSH: 2020 WSH 1st + Lowest of TBL/CAR/BOS 2020 1st + Jason Robertson + Sam Lafferty + Johnny Kovacevic
To TBL: Conditional BOS 2020 2nd + Blake Wheeler (50% retained) + Cody Eakin (50% retained)
*Conditional BOS pick transfers if 2020 WSH 1st is Top 5 in the 2020 Entry Draft or TBL fails to make the 2019-20 Conference Finals

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
Today busier than trade deadline day the past two seasons...

@Tryamkin right now:

MealyMildKilldeer-size_restricted.gif

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
DABLAX
:leafs / :hawks
To TOR:
CHI 2019 1st (9th overall)
To CHI: CAR 2019 1st (19th overall), NSH Compensation Pick (32nd overall), 2020 TOR 5th

Reactions: Dabeast

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
:sabres

Claude Giroux, Victor Hedman and PK Subban available for futures.

13th pick is open for business too in a deal for a good young player.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
PREDS NIED FOR SPEED TRADING
:vegas / :nashville
To VGK:
Nino Niederreiter + NYI 2nd 2020
To NSH: Mattias Ekholm
The legality of this trade was talked about over the Discord channel so I feel the need to clarify my position on this. The NHL restricts teams from trading a player and retaining a portion of their contract, and then re-acquiring that player in less than a year's time. Nashville originally dealt Ekholm earlier this season so by NHL rules, this trade should be invalid.

There is no rule prohibiting this in the HFVHL rulebook so we're in a bit of a grey area here. I generally defer to the NHL's rules in situations where something is missed in our rulebook, but I'm leaning towards letting this one slide.

Our league's retention rules were relaxed a little compared to the NHL's to make things less complicated. I did this as well with a number of other rules (offer sheets, RFA rights, etc.) for the same reason. I remember leaving out one rule in particular that restricts teams from having more than 15% of their cap tied up in salary retention as I felt this would needlessly complicate things.

tl;dr: I don't think it's fair for me to pick and choose which NHL rules should apply to salary retention and which shouldn't, at least in these "grey area" situations. If I purposely left out some rules related to retention in our CBA, I can't really justify sticking to another NHL rule that was left out. The trade stands -- but I appreciate Dabeast and others for noticing this rule in the first place.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
KONECTING THE DOTS
:isles / :wings

To NYI: 12th Overall (2019 DET 1st), 57th Overall (PHI 2019 2nd), 150th Overall (PHI 2019 5th)
To DET: Travis Konecny

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: