Status
Not open for further replies.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
MURRAY IN A HURRY
:nashville/ :bolts
To NSH: 83th overall (19’ ANA) + Matt Murray
To TBL: 2020 VGK 2nd + 128th overall (19’ NSH) + 129th overall (19’ VGK) + Jason Robertson + Alex Nedeljkovic

Reactions: donut and Dabeast

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Not relevant yet, but could I ask for some Euro considerations when it comes to the draft clock? Last year I always tried to get others to help me make picks if the clock ticked away when I was asleep. I´ll try to organise it in the same way this year, but it can be quite stressful when the time limit drops to only hours. Generally speaking I believe I´m quite fast at drafting - so it won´t be because of me we might end up running short on time come end of the draft.
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking for but I would definitely suggest that anyone in another time zone submit a list when we get to having time limits.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Now that trades are starting to happen, we seem to have run into the issue of clauses again. There seems to be a lot of drama here and it's not much fun for anyone -- the teams involved, the agents, and even for me. I believe we've talked about making a change to this before, and I'd like to seriously consider this as one of our offseason rule changes.

FOSCO has proposed what I think is a good alternative: make all full NTCs and NMCs behave more like the modified clauses. Rather than having full trade restriction, players will be forced to provide a list of 'x' amount of teams if their team asks for one. This should allow for more flexibility without removing clauses entirely.

Another option would be to scrap them entirely moving forward, and just expect teams to pay more for the UFAs who would usually get an NTC/NMC. This would likely need to be grandfathered in and would not apply to previously signed contracts unless we come up with a good way to handle those.

Again, this is something I'd like to handle with the rest of our potential rule changes this offseason unless it gets to the point where we just can't deal with clauses anymore. Would like some input from all of you to see where you're all at right now.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I think in a league like this when you finally make a trade and it gets veto'd it's a bit deflating and causes you to lose interest a bit. It's different for an NHL GM who gets paid to deal with things like that and the average Joe who's spending their own free time with the league. You're also asking for too much out of the agents to make the final call when they have an outside view of where the manager sees their team going.

The list thing makes more sense but you might run into similar problems with how agent sees team vs. where you want to take the team. I would still welcome that change or scrapping the clauses.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
Can't he just send down players in the off-season? Waivers I thought are optional in the off-season and teams need to make a decision when they submit final rosters.... no?

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking for but I would definitely suggest that anyone in another time zone submit a list when we get to having time limits.

I seem to remember it went down to 1 hour last year? That is potentially 8 picks. And then you try to find someone that is not picking before you to make your pick (as you don’t want to give away to much information to GMs picking before you). I wasn’t specifically asking for anything, but ideally, pure selfishly from my side, a pick that just happens to fall early morning Europe adds a couple of hours on the clock.

Not a big deal, but last year was a bit stressful for a couple of the picks. Maybe more so on the earlier ones that are more important. Especially when it might have been 10 picks before me that happened quickly. Then it becomes really hard to plan.

I think I’m probably the only one outside of NA in the league? So it wouldn’t mean there would be special provisions for a lot of GMs.

CanucksSTM

Mar 8, 2018
Can't he just send down players in the off-season? Waivers I thought are optional in the off-season and teams need to make a decision when they submit final rosters.... no?
That's what I assumed, Toews said no.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
I seem to remember it went down to 1 hour last year? That is potentially 8 picks. And then you try to find someone that is not picking before you to make your pick (as you don’t want to give away to much information to GMs picking before you). I wasn’t specifically asking for anything, but ideally, pure selfishly from my side, a pick that just happens to fall early morning Europe adds a couple of hours on the clock.

Not a big deal, but last year was a bit stressful for a couple of the picks. Maybe more so on the earlier ones that are more important. Especially when it might have been 10 picks before me that happened quickly. Then it becomes really hard to plan.

I think I’m probably the only one outside of NA in the league? So it wouldn’t mean there would be special provisions for a lot of GMs.
I would suggest just sending a list to me then if you're worried about the bolded. There shouldn't be time limits on the earlier, more important picks as long as the draft rolls along smoothly. If we need to bring in time limits early, then maybe I can look into working around this for GMs like you who are in completely different time zones.

Reactions: Dabeast and Havre

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
I think scrapping nmc's this year isn't a great idea, as they will play a big role in the expansion draft. Negating them now will let a lot of teams off the hook.

On the opposite side of that argument I'd point out it doesn't necessarily let teams off the hook entirely if:

A) The contract is one the expansion GM doesn't want to touch without assets added on top and/or
B) teams pay assets to lead the Seattle GM to picking a player of their choice.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
Easy Method
All NMC become M-NTC (3-5 teams), NTC become 16 team trade list, everything else scrapped.

Longer Method
May take a bit of time but have 3-4 GMs and Toews work together (like a committee) and reassess each team's clauses.

Reactions: Tryamkin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA