HFVan Hockey League 2018/19 Part II - Draft Looming

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
...no.

I generally try to stay hands off with this kind of stuff, but you would never see an NHL team send some of their best players down like this. Please don't force me to put rules in place to prevent tanking (draft pick fines, or whatever).

Also, it's been pointed out to me that Crawford has been healthy for a while so you'll need to activate him from IR and waive one of your current goalies.

Yeah, gonna go with a no on this. Both of my current goalies are better.

Dabeast

Jun 13, 2014
South Florida
:stars send down
McAvoy, Charlie
Barzal, Matthew
Hughes, Quinn
Morin, Samuel
Larsson, Jacob
Hischier, Nico
Bratt, Jesper
Cehlarik, Peter
Crouse, Lawson
Rasmussen, Michael
(all waiver exempt)

Call up
kole 'still available' lind
da beast
vanilla coke
weyl anime corrupt spin
a typical straight man
mad bad dad icus
van islander
hindustan smyl bovinder horvatji
hutton worst drafter
K 2 B

tag bertuzzi here we come
:hawks claim Charlie McAvoy, Mathew Barzal, Kirill Kaprizov, Leo Komarov, Andrei Markov, Felix Sandstrom

and if successful waive
Colton Parayko, Luke Kunin, Matthew Strome, 2018 NSH 3rd (Daniil Tarasov), 2018 BOS 3rd (Nando Eggenberger), CHI 28th 852 overall (Chad Krys)

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
You can’t keep someone on IR if they’re not injured and Crawford has a NMC so you can’t waive him

That's not the rule.

"If a player is no longer injured and the team knowingly stashes the player on LTIR for cap relief, the team may face a cap or draft pick punishment."

I do not need cap relief from Crawford.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
That's not the rule.

"If a player is no longer injured and the team knowingly stashes the player on LTIR for cap relief, the team may face a cap or draft pick punishment."

I do not need cap relief from Crawford.
The rule isn't based on a 'need' basis. He's providing you cap relief and he's healthy.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
"stashes the player on LTIR for cap relief"

Nope, you are wrong. If we're changing rules mid-season to punish me for trying to win, then great.
How am I wrong?
When has a team in the NHL ever been able to keep a player on the IR past when they've healed? It was to be assumed that you would have to waive one of your 3 goalies if all are healthy and in the NHL.

Reactions: xTH3D4RKL0RDx

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
How am I wrong?
When has a team in the NHL ever been able to keep a player on the IR past when they've healed? It was to be assumed that you would have to waive one of your 3 goalies if all are healthy and in the NHL.

Happens all the time before the playoffs. Teams add players at the deadline and then injured players come back right at the start of the playoffs. Our CBA does not compel me to do anything here, and there are no penalties. If this was an issue someone should have raised it before the trade deadline.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Happens all the time before the playoffs. Teams add players at the deadline and then injured players come back right at the start of the playoffs. Our CBA does not compel me to do anything here, and there are no penalties. If this was an issue someone should have raised it before the trade deadline.
Give me a comparable scenario. There’s been none like this.

Black Noise

Flavourtown
Aug 7, 2014
North Vancouver
So any team can keep anyone on IR and just claim they aren’t doing it for cap relief and that’s cool?

Reactions: Elusive Derposaurus

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI

Our CBA states that you could face a “cap or draft pick punishment.”

I always interpreted that as on top of said player also being removed from LTIR, but I could be wrong.

Either way this type of move seems like it “goes against the spirit of the CBA.”

HankNDank

Oct 25, 2013
Medicine Hat
Give me a comparable scenario. There’s been none like this.
Patrick Kane a few years ago did this if I recall correctly. He is right in the sense that the CBA doesn't forbid it, I just really wish the agents would take this shinanigans into account when signing contracts. IE Patrick Nemeth @ 5M, sending down supertars to the minors, etc.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Patrick Kane a few years ago did this if I recall correctly. He is right in the sense that the CBA doesn't forbid it, I just really wish the agents would take this shinanigans into account when signing contracts. IE Patrick Nemeth @ 5M, sending down supertars to the minors, etc.
I had asked if I was allowed to do it before I did it if that helps you sleep at night.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
I find it silly that this is even a debate.

There is an obvious answer as to whether sending down NHLers, especially high calibre ones, is okay or not. Whether or not it is written in black and white in our CBA, it's obvious that it's not something that should be done. This is a fantasy hockey league, not a court case. I would like to think most people here are just trying to have a fun time, hoping to build a winning team in the process.

And it's easier said than done that "agents should take this into account". What should we expect? Agents to suddenly announce that a player is holding out cause of the way they are being treated? Agents to demand trades for players? That's just going to cause more problems.

If a player is in the NHL, they should be on the active roster. If a player is healthy, they should be off of IR and on the active roster. If everything goes back to "it's not specified in the CBA" then I think people need to reconsider the league. The league has been great, especially being such a young league. I would like to hope this is something that's still up and running in a couple years, where I can see my prospects all bust and not pan out.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
And it's easier said than done that "agents should take this into account".
...hope this is something that's still up and running in a couple years, where I can see my prospects all bust and not pan out.

Your “bust” prospects are my clients, Bob Nicholson, and you can rest assured that the bolded will be taken into account come negotiation time :naughty:

HankNDank

Oct 25, 2013
Medicine Hat

There is an obvious answer as to whether sending down NHLers, especially high calibre ones, is okay or not. Whether or not it is written in black and white in our CBA, it's obvious that it's not something that should be done. This is a fantasy hockey league, not a court case. I would like to think most people here are just trying to have a fun time, hoping to build a winning team in the process.

And it's easier said than done that "agents should take this into account". What should we expect? Agents to suddenly announce that a player is holding out cause of the way they are being treated? Agents to demand trades for players? That's just going to cause more problems.

If a player is in the NHL, they should be on the active roster. If a player is healthy, they should be off of IR and on the active roster. If everything goes back to "it's not specified in the CBA" then I think people need to reconsider the league. The league has been great, especially being such a young league. I would like to hope this is something that's still up and running in a couple years, where I can see my prospects all bust and not pan out.
Well to start with, the agents could demand NMC's when signing with teams that do that. Doesn't help for the younger players ineligible, but its a start.

Reactions: FOurteenS inCisOr

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008

Great post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad