HFVan Hockey League 2018/19 Part II - Draft Looming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Check your PMs.

---

I'll more or less copy and paste what I said to Drai in here so that everyone is up to date with what's going on here.

- Received a few complaints (for lack of a better word) from GMs having trouble contacting McDrai over Discord and had it pointed out to me that he'd left the server.
- I lumped EDM in with the other inactive teams that I've been trying to find replacements for.
- PG messaged me a while ago expressing interest in coming back and I offered him his pick of the inactive teams. He chose Edmonton.
- Me, not doing my proper due diligence and checking in with McDrai here on HF, made the switch.

So yeah, it's my **** up and I apologize. PG has said that he's willing to give the team back to McDrai as long as he's interested, so I hope we can carry on as before and find PG another placement.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
:nashville

Terminates Patrik Berglund contract for breach of contract.

Uses awarded free buyout on Steve Mason

Calls up Trevor Moore from the AHL
Also, I've given the go ahead for Nashville to terminate Berglund's contract. The CBA only covers the scenarios in which a player either retires or signs overseas, but as Vanilla put it in the discord (and I'm paraphrasing a little here), if Buffalo can terminate his contract in real life, it doesn't make much sense to keep Nashville from doing the same in our league.

Reactions: donut and Dabeast

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
You can have the team back, Peter.

FSKuOgb.gif

E D

Winger Super Squad
Feb 13, 2012
Canadia
:coyotes resign Colin Miller to a 4 year deal @ $4.5M AAV w/ Modified NTC with a 5 team No Trade List.
:stars sign Dominik Kubalik to a 2 year ELC @ $0.925M AAV
:ducks resign Kenny Agostino to a 1 year deal @ $1M AAV

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
:sharks
THE BOSS IS BACK IN TOWN

I am happy to be back at the helm of the Sharks organization, where there is a rich history of winning, and a rabid fanbase ready to get a taste of that success again. We have a plan moving forward, and it will take some time to get this ship sailed in the right direction, but we feel it is possible to bring the playoffs and eventually a Stanley Cup to the Shark Tank.

We have some work to do, as this team has been neglected of moves and that has held the teams' potential back. Being back at the helm, we are going to set forward a plan and get things done this time 'round. We are currently battling for a playoff spot, but feel that isn't exactly the direction we should be in right now - a rebuild is in order for this roster.

With that being said, here is our current official roster.

Brandon Dubinsky - Jeff Carter - Phil Kessel
Jared McCann - Kevin Hayes - Mats Zuccarello
Jordan Martinook - Vladimir Sobotka - Justin Williams
Anders Bjork - Sean Kuraly - Dominik Simon
Brian Gibbons

Ron Hainsey - Matt Niskanen
Ben Hutton - Ryan Ellis
Robert Hagg - Jason Demers

Matt Murray
Antti Niemi

Top Moveable Pieces:
Phil Kessel
Jeff Carter
Kevin Hayes
Mats Zuccarello
Ryan Ellis
Matt Niskanen
Matt Murray

We want picks/prospects/young NHLers in return for most pieces. This is the group of players we want to trade the most before the TDL passes.​

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Can I terminate Iiro Pakarinen's contract, as he has signed overseas? @Intoewsables

I would guess no since he was signed to an HFVHL contract after he had signed in Europe.

Technically, the CBA just says that any player currently in Europe (and not 35+) can have their contract terminated. However, I get that this makes signing Euro league players essentially risk-free and that's not what I was aiming for when I made the rules. As far as I can remember, we've been letting teams terminate European league players whenever they like from day one. We can change that moving forward if that's what people want, but in Pakarinen's case, he should be eligible for termination.

edit: I just realized this allows for a pretty big loophole w.r.t. European draftees. There's no risk to signing them if they never end up making the jump to North America if they can just be terminated at any point. I think we should definitely make it so the rule is as SC suggested from now on, but I'm curious what you guys think.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad