Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
:coyotes

53. David Gustafsson (60) -7
84. Nathan Dunkley (ND)
137. Ty Emberson (73) +64
150. Xavier Bernard (110) +40

My post from earlier seems to have disappeared so I guess I'll try again...

Kinda funny how the guy I might've wanted most out of this whole haul is the one who went undrafted in the NHL. Hopefully the fact that my two fifths went way higher IRL pays off.

Last edited:
Reactions: donut

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Jett Woo - 50th (37th, +13)
Adam Ginning - 81st (50th, +31)
Axel Jonsson-Fjallby - 91st (drafted last year by Washington)
Liam Kirk - 143rd (189th, -45)

Despite having limited picks, happy to pick up Woo and Ginning, and AJF should be an NHL player for the Caps soon.

Reactions: donut

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Now that the draft is finished, our next big event is free agency. Teams will be allowed to make offers on free agents starting on July 1st, but we're going to roll out signings very slowly to give teams a chance to make their offers. A few things to keep in mind once free agency starts:

• Any ELC offers can be sent to me, while all others go to Weylspin. This could change later if the workload gets to be too much for Weyl.
  • If you lowball a player who receives offers from multiple teams, it's very likely you won't hear back from them. Weyl and I are going to be fielding hundreds of offers for players and there just isn't enough time to haggle over offers that are clearly going nowhere, so make your offers count.
  • Players are going to consider multiple factors before agreeing to sign with your team. This includes, but is not limited to, money/term, clauses, team competitiveness, player ice-time, and any players on your team that they like or dislike. Just because you offer the most money with the longest term, does not necessarily mean that you'll get your player.
  • The first signings likely won't be posted until at least a week from July 1st. As mentioned before, we want to give teams a chance to make their offers before "gifting" free agents to the most active GMs. Don't freak out just because you haven't heard back on your offers for a couple of days.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
My draft was bad. Would've looked a lot better if I could've acquired a second 5th rounder, but so it goes. I'm really surprised Myrenberg didnt get drafted. His numbers were on par with a number of NHL players. Instead a bunch of SuperElit goalies with substantially worse numbers got drafted. Limitation of stat scouting I guess.

Reactions: TylerBigDBertuzzi

E D

Winger Super Squad
Feb 13, 2012
Canadia
Lol when I don't get the lowest grade in the draft analysis despite only having a 5th round pick who wasn't even drafted IRL. Appreciate the write ups guys, always entertaining and enjoyable to read!

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
12) Vitali Kratsov (9) +3
43) Nicolas Beaudin (27) +16
74) Sean Durzi (52) +22
105) Dmitri Zavgorodny (198) -93
136) Cough syrup (ND)

Swung for the fences with my last two picks.
One hit and whiffed on the other one.

Hopefully the earlier picks will make up for it. Very excited about the Kvatsov pick, him and Lias Andersson in NYR's rebuild will ne fun to watch. Beaudin landing on the great developmental program of Chicago will surely help his chances.

Thanks again for the top notch draft analysis, excellent stuff.

Last edited:

E D

Winger Super Squad
Feb 13, 2012
Canadia
I sent a bunch of offers in for my guys about a week ago to Weyl, but I haven't heard back on most of them. Am I good to assume that those offers will be fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad