HFVan Hockey League 2017-18 IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Vancouver waives D Michael Stone.
Thanks for reminding me to mention that you don't need to place players on waivers now, lol. You guys can send players up and down freely during the offseason but anyone in the minors who isn't waiver exempt will have to be placed on waivers at the start of next season.

Anyway, if you still want to waive him, you definitely can. You just don't have to.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
Thanks for reminding me to mention that you don't need to place players on waivers now, lol. You guys can send players up and down freely during the offseason but anyone in the minors who isn't waiver exempt will have to be placed on waivers at the start of next season.

Anyway, if you still want to waive him, you definitely can. You just don't have to.

Thanks for the clarification.

I guess for now I’ll just assign Stone to the AHL.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
A few housekeeping things from Tampa Bay:

Once our UFAs/RFAs and Henrik Sedin (retirement) are taken off the roster thread, we'd like to call-up Valeri Nichushkin, RW to our NHL roster.

Reactions: Dabeast

Weylspin

The Swede
Sep 4, 2012
Vancouver, BC
:vegas signs

C. Pu to a 3 year 1M AAV ELC

E. Gudbranson 2 year 4M AAV

M. Grandlund 2 years 1.5M AAV

:bolts sign

D. Batherson 3 years 1.25M AAV ELC

A. Lipanov 3 years 925K AAV ELC

O. Somppi 3 years 925K AAV ELC

J. Bryson 3 years 925K AAV ELC

:edmonton sign

C. Desmith 1 year 1M

J. Saros 1 year 3M

J. De La Rose 1 year 1M

D. Jaskin 1 year 2M

:wild sign

M. Comtois 3 years 925k AAV ELC

M. Shaw 3 years 925K AAV ELC

:hawks sign

R. Stillman 3 years 925K AAV ELC

D. Samurokov 3 years 925K AAV ELC

Last edited:
Reactions: donut and Dabeast

Weylspin

The Swede
Sep 4, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Also to everyone not on discord I am doing a mock draft competition. Every must PM me their mock draft from 1-31 by June 21st at 8PM PST as well as two draft picks you think will be traded in the first round (if you think one or no draft picks will be traded you can choose that too).

The point system is as follows:
Correct guess at 1 = 1 point
correct guess from 2-11: 3 points, 1 off: 2 points
correct guess from 12-21: 5 points, 1 off: 3 points, 2 off 1 point
correct guess from 22-31: 7 points, 1 off: 4 points, 2 off 2 points
correct pick traded 5 points
For a total of 161 points.
At the end of the draft I will post who got top 5 as well as the google spreadsheet with everyone's compiled points.

And for any confusion with the two traded draft picks selection an example would be:
BUF 1st OV, so if it happens IRL you would get 5 points.
If you choose to pick that no picks get traded and IRL no picks get traded IRL you would get 10 points for your correct guess.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
RULE CHANGE RESULTS

Any potential rule change will require an 80% majority to instate the rule.

1) Should the league institute anti-tanking rules that require teams to meet a minimum total GP limit?
Yes: 15 (71%), No: 6 (29%)
Result: Rule will not be instated

2) Should the league institute anti-tanking rules that require teams to meet a minimum goaltender GP limit?
Yes: 14 (67%), No: 7 (33%)

Note: People were overwhelmingly in favour of draft pick fines in the event that the above rules were added. If/when this comes up again, this will be the preferred penalty.

3) Should the league change its scoring structure?
Yes: 8 (38%), No: 13 (62%)

Note: The main takeaway from this was that goaltender scoring needed to go down, and defense scoring needed to go up. This is something that will be revisited next offseason.

Other suggestions:
The two main (legitimate) suggestions were more or less the same. The general idea was that any rule change should be announced well before it goes into effect. If this is something that we all want, any rule changes made next season would not go into effect immediately (likely the season after, or something like that). If you have an opinion on this, please chime in.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Clearly there's an appetite for anti-tanking rules, even if we didn't get the 80%. Maybe some of the 'no' votes could chime in with their reasoning there? If the worry was that the penalty might be too harsh, maybe we could just drop picks down in the round rather than taking them away completely? For example, let's say a team's picks drop down by a spot for every 10 GP they are below the threshold. If a team were to miss the GP limit by 50 GP, all of their picks would drop 5 spots.

If we can come up with an idea for an anti-tanking rule that seems like a no-brainer, I'd like to make another one of those polls to see if we can get it passed. As for the scoring structure changes, it's clear that most people have no interest in doing that now, so we'll leave that discussion for another year.

Goon42

Apr 12, 2013
RULE CHANGE RESULTS

Any potential rule change will require an 80% majority to instate the rule.

3) Should the league change its scoring structure?
Yes: 8 (38%), No: 13 (62%)

Note: The main takeaway from this was that goaltender scoring needed to go down, and defense scoring needed to go up. This is something that will be revisited next offseason.

Other suggestions:
The two main (legitimate) suggestions were more or less the same. The general idea was that any rule change should be announced well before it goes into effect. If this is something that we all want, any rule changes made next season would not go into effect immediately (likely the season after, or something like that). If you have an opinion on this, please chime in.

Most people said goaltender scoring needs to go down and defense scoring needs to go up yet most people voted NOT to change the scoring structure?
??

I am confusion.

? ?11!!one??

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I think defense scoring needs to go up drastically and forward and goalie scoring to go down.

As per the Anti Tanking rule, Not a fan honestly.
Some teams focuses on rebuild heavily and don't even have a goalie.

Most goalies have a severe premium attached to them.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
:habs The Montreal Canadiens have relieved @canucks95 of their duties as General Manager.
:nashville The Nashville Predators have relieved @ModernUser of their duties as General Manager.

@donut and I will be taking over Montreal and Nashville respectively, just to make sure both teams finish the draft and sign some of their players. It'll be much easier to find permanent replacements for these teams if they actually have players and prospects. We will not be making trades for these teams so don't bother inquiring.

Weylspin

The Swede
Sep 4, 2012
Vancouver, BC
:nucks have signed S. Voynov to a 1 year 3.5M contract

J. Gillies 2 years 1M AAV

M. Benning 2 years 1.9M AAV

:pens have signed B. Ferguson to a 2 year 925K AAV ELC

:hawks have signed P. Bajkov to a 3 year 925K AAV ELC

Last edited:
Reactions: Dabeast

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
HFVHL Awards

Hart Memorial Trophy
Awarded to the player judged to be the most valuable to their team, as voted on by the 31 General Managers of the HFVHL.
connor-hellebuyck.jpg

Connor Hellebuyck, G - Boston Bruins

---

Calder Memorial Trophy
Awarded to the player judged to be the most proficient in their first year in the league, as voted on by the 31 General Managers of the HFVHL.
cut.jpg

Mathew Barzal, C - Dallas Stars

---

General Manager of the Year Award
Awarded to the General Manager judged to be the most competent and beneficial to their team's success, as voted on by the 31 General Managers of the HFVHL.
4877707.jpeg

@FOurteenS inCisOr - Vancouver Canucks

---

Conn Smythe Trophy
Awarded to the player that leads the HFVHL Playoffs in scoring.

Braden Holtby, G - Vancouver Canucks

---

Art Ross Trophy
Awarded to the highest scoring forward during the regular season.
Connor-McDavid-4.jpg

Connor McDavid, C - Carolina Hurricanes

---

James Norris Memorial Trophy
Awarded to the highest scoring defenseman during the regular season.
DGB-2016102242_LIGHTNING_at_SENATORS.jpg

Victor Hedman, D - Buffalo Sabres

---

Vezina Trophy
Awarded to the highest scoring goaltender during the regular season.
connor-hellebuyck.jpg

Connor Hellebuyck, G - Boston Bruins​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad