HFVan Hockey League 2017-18 II (SEE NEW THREAD)

AriGoldd

Jun 8, 2017
Why is Detroit trading away all their youth for ****** picks... Not exactly getting fair value there.

Sprong was a 10th round pick so I traded it for an 11th, not that bad.

Miro I traded for two 12th round picks because I think like alot of players left more then him.

And I traded my 2018 1st round pick for Zach Parise. Not that bad in terms of value.

GarryValkyrie

Mar 14, 2008
Vancouver
Sorry guys got some new stuff to take care of at work and in life. Good luck to the league seems very well run. And holy crap what are you doing to the Red Wings lol.

ModernUser

Phil-osophist
Feb 25, 2015
Sorry guys got some new stuff to take care of at work and in life. Good luck to the league seems very well run. And holy crap what are you doing to the Red Wings lol.

Too bad. I remember something about not much commitment after the draft, as it's just points racking up. Anyways, take care and GL

LaVar

Jul 31, 2013
Bgav skipped at 12:17 PM
Toews said to skip him

ModernUser on the clock until 10am tomorrow

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
I'll address the elephant in the room shortly, but I do have a pick to make up so...

:coyotes select Jannik Hansen

Also, huge thanks to everyone (Wennberg, Wush, HankNDank, Tryamkin, and anyone else I may have missed!) who stepped up in my absence this weekend.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
I guess I'll start out by pointing out the obvious: we need a new GM for Detroit. If you know anyone who might be interested in the job, please do let them know. For the time being, I'll be assuming control over the Red Wings and making their picks just so the next GM isn't having to make up ground.

I know that there are a few of you who weren't too fond of Ari's moves, but I don't feel it's fair to the GMs that dealt with him to start vetoing trades. Unless I see a move that is a blatant attempt to fix the league or cause drama (e.g. Crosby for a 5th rounder, etc.), I'd really like to avoid intervening. However, if the next GM would like to repick for any of Ari's picks (or mine, for that matter), they'll be more than welcome to.

Finally, I'd like to apologize for what went down this past weekend. I don't actually know exactly what happened as most of it has been deleted, but I think I get the picture from what you guys have told me. A few of us know Ari from another board, and while I knew he could be a little ... feisty at times, I wasn't expecting anything quite like this to happen. I'm totally fine with chirping here and there (it is fantasy hockey after all), but everything needs to be kept clean and within the board rules. From now on, I'll be doing a little more vetting before hiring new GMs just to hopefully avoid any more situations like this going forward.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Yeah, missed picks can be made up whenever is best for you.

Speaking of which, Raistlin is skipped now, and donut is up until 8:45.

HankNDank

Oct 25, 2013
Medicine Hat
I guess I'll start out by pointing out the obvious: we need a new GM for Detroit. If you know anyone who might be interested in the job, please do let them know. For the time being, I'll be assuming control over the Red Wings and making their picks just so the next GM isn't having to make up ground.

I know that there are a few of you who weren't too fond of Ari's moves, but I don't feel it's fair to the GMs that dealt with him to start vetoing trades. Unless I see a move that is a blatant attempt to fix the league or cause drama (e.g. Crosby for a 5th rounder, etc.), I'd really like to avoid intervening. However, if the next GM would like to repick for any of Ari's picks (or mine, for that matter), they'll be more than welcome to.

Finally, I'd like to apologize for what went down this past weekend. I don't actually know exactly what happened as most of it has been deleted, but I think I get the picture from what you guys have told me. A few of us know Ari from another board, and while I knew he could be a little ... feisty at times, I wasn't expecting anything quite like this to happen. I'm totally fine with chirping here and there (it is fantasy hockey after all), but everything needs to be kept clean and within the board rules. From now on, I'll be doing a little more vetting before hiring new GMs just to hopefully avoid any more situations like this going forward.

Det keeps 325 and I keep Sprong.

Last edited:

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
The following trades have been rescinded:

To New York Islanders:
Miro Heiskanen
DET 15th round pick (455th overall)

To Detroit:
NSH 12th round pick (342nd overall)
NYI 12th round pick (361st overall)

---

To Dallas:
2018 DET 1st Round Pick

To Detroit:
DAL 11th round pick (314th overall)

Dallas (Tryamkin) will be re-picking with the 314th overall and is therefore able to make this pick at any time. Thanks to everyone involved for being so cooperative and understanding.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad