Avatars: HFSJ WJC Elimination Round Predictor contest - Win avatars!

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
If this happens again next year, my suggestion would be for it to last the entire tournament not just the elimination rounds. More chances for it to spread out for the points earned.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Thanks for doing this Nem!! Was fun. Maybe some packs could be used as prizes for snog leaders at various points of the season?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
If this happens again next year, my suggestion would be for it to last the entire tournament not just the elimination rounds. More chances for it to spread out for the points earned.

Yeah. It was an idea that I didn't fully form until the tournament had started and it was too late to do anything for the round robin. We'd have to figure out what the prize would be though because I have absolutely zero expectation of being able to replicate this type of avatar release again. It took having the covid shut-down and months of lead time to be able to get this set done and released. There's no way I could turn around and replicate it with a normal off-season of just 3-4 months.

Thanks for doing this Nem!! Was fun. Maybe some packs could be used as prizes for snog leaders at various points of the season?

Yeah, that's something that is on the docket. I don't want to get too ahead of myself because I need to make sure I earmark enough packs for the likelihood of more posters showing up once the season actually starts going ahead and will want their basic requested pack. Obviously I can't help but be limited by the amount of avatars I was able to make, but I want to make sure that as many posters as possible are able to get in on the fun without being restricted to only being able to win them through contests and competitions.

Reactions: landshark

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Yeah. It was an idea that I didn't fully form until the tournament had started and it was too late to do anything for the round robin. We'd have to figure out what the prize would be though because I have absolutely zero expectation of being able to replicate this type of avatar release again. It took having the covid shut-down and months of lead time to be able to get this set done and released. There's no way I could turn around and replicate it with a normal off-season of just 3-4 months.

Yeah, that's something that is on the docket. I don't want to get too ahead of myself because I need to make sure I earmark enough packs for the likelihood of more posters showing up once the season actually starts going ahead and will want their basic requested pack. Obviously I can't help but be limited by the amount of avatars I was able to make, but I want to make sure that as many posters as possible are able to get in on the fun without being restricted to only being able to win them through contests and competitions.

Yeah i understand, i was not really talking about for prizes. I never enter or do these things for the prizes anyways. Just for something to add some fun to the event for the posters here and for some bragging rights kind of thing.

Reactions: themelkman

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Yeah i understand, i was not really talking about for prizes. I never enter or do these things for the prizes anyways. Just for something to add some fun to the event for the posters here and for some bragging rights kind of thing.

Maybe I'll make a trophy graphic for it.

Or maybe set up a gofundme to make a physical trophy to send to the winner. A disappointing and underwhelming trophy that looks hastily repurposed for that cause. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad