OT: HFPens Community Lounge: The Summer is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
He brews his own. Some people really like beer. I don't really like any alcohol honestly. I like some beers, and I can do some mixed drinks, but I really don't drink unless I'm trying to get drunk. If I'm drinking something to be refreshing or to taste good, it won't be alcohol.
Ah the Shirley Temple drinking bloke.

Nothing wrong with that.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
He says it's because I don't eat carbs (carnivore diet, down 21 pounds in 1 month at 193 now).
The best shape of my adult life was when I was doing keto. You'll be fine without carbs imo.

*I don't actually know what I'm talking about, this is just my limited experience.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
@66-30-33 you gotta remember the workouts will help you lose weight but a proper balance diet will sustain it more than your workouts ever will and without a proper balanced diet you're not doing your workouts justice.

Here's a video of what your meals should look like:

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Your body needs some carbs mate. Even if only a little.

Brown rice
Keto pasta if that's your jam.

Your body needs carbs.

I'm going to try carbs and see if that changes anything.
The best shape of my adult life was when I was doing keto. You'll be fine without carbs imo.

*I don't actually know what I'm talking about, this is just my limited experience.

I used to do keto (65 pound weightloss in 5 months...230-165 and fell off)

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'm going to try carbs and see if that changes anything.

I used to do keto (65 pound weightloss in 5 months...230-165 and fell off)
The weight loss is good if you're in a bad spot with weight. But once you drop it, forget about the number of your weight. Then it's focusing on building muscle and a proper diet. The rest will fill itself in, literally.

By diet I mean just balancing what should be on your plate. Protein, veggies, carbs, starch.

My dinners are usually a chicken beast, broccoli/green beans, mashed sweet potato/yams and a gluten free toast with some butter. Also a salad.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
The weight loss is good if you're in a bad spot with weight. But once you drop it, forget about the number of your weight. Then it's focusing on building muscle and a proper diet. The rest will fill itself in, literally.

By diet I mean just balancing what should be on your plate. Protein, veggies, carbs, starch.

My dinners are usually a chicken beast, broccoli/green beans, mashed sweet potato/yams and a gluten free toast with some butter. Also a salad.
I'm more of a stir fry guy. Which is the same basic thing, just all on one big plate instead of a salad on the side.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I enjoy OMAD because I don't want to be in the kitchen all day cooking. Make my food, eat it and be done with it.
I'm all about meal prepping. I cook most of what I eat on Sunday. I probably spend about 1-2 hours a week cooking. But you have to be cool with eating leftovers all week. The most I'll do on a weekday is just a piece of fish and some microwave veggies and a sweet potato or something, which takes like 10 minutes.

What kills me is the weeks I travel for work. Which has been a ton this year. I've gotten better recently at bringing lunches, but hotel fridges aren't big enough for me to bring 2 meals a day. And I can't stand trying to do deli meat sandwiches or something; I just end up eating out anyway when I try. I did just today find a place that makes some super good salads though.

Reactions: 66-30-33

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I spray the bottom of the pan just enough to not stick. Calling it "fry" probably isn't really right.
As long as you use very little to stirfry and can actually get more done with water to be honest, add some (don't need much, like teaspoon) sesame seed oil near the end for a nice flavor.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I also love making burrito bowls. Which is basically the same thing as when I make chili, just with less liquid. Honestly, 90% of my meals that I cook are a rotation of about 5 or 6 things with slight variations.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
On the bright side, youd also make sure you are dewormed as well. :dunno:

Just got back from the doctor. Isn't scabies. Thank God. :laugh:

240944352_377595927174922_8990334132426335511_n.jpg

The kegerator I got is absolutely massive :laugh:

I need to figure out what I'm going to pick as my first keg, but the nice thing about my kegerator is that it's big enough that I can fit 2 kegs in there. It would be a bit of a pain to jump back and forth, but I have the option to do that.

If you do get a keg from a distributor or brewery, make sure it's of the ball lock variety (based on the craigslist photos, I think this is the type you bought). Would hate to see you buy a keg and then not be able to hook it up.

I kind of want to make my own Kombucha.

I find the scoby gross.

That's actually something I'm curious about, how difficult would it be to add a second tap? There's definitely the space for it.

Joke's on you, I already binge drink during Penguins games :laugh:

You can probably buy a tower for your kegerator that has 2 or 3 taps. Then you'd have to buy a manifold and more tubing/connection pieces.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If you do get a keg from a distributor or brewery, make sure it's of the ball lock variety (based on the craigslist photos, I think this is the type you bought). Would hate to see you buy a keg and then not be able to hook it up.

Yeah you're right, it is the ball lock valve on the bottom. The guy selling it to me told me that.

I'm actually going to do some exploring today to see if there's any place that allows for keg orders. The two beer distributors I've gone to so far don't have a ton of selection available right now in kegs, it's either piss beer, oktoberfest beer (which I like but not enough to get a keg of it) or pumpkin ale. I just want to order something like Hofbrau lager or a better version of Stella and put it on tap :laugh:

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Yeah you're right, it is the ball lock valve on the bottom. The guy selling it to me told me that.

I'm actually going to do some exploring today to see if there's any place that allows for keg orders. The two beer distributors I've gone to so far don't have a ton of selection available right now in kegs, it's either piss beer, oktoberfest beer (which I like but not enough to get a keg of it) or pumpkin ale. I just want to order something like Hofbrau lager or a better version of Stella and put it on tap :laugh:

Oh just own it. It’s almost fall, you’re already walking around in Ugg’s and drinking pumpkin spice lattes. Why not beer too? :laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad