Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Last few posts:

The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Was going Down hill. Tapped my back brake to slow down on the corner. Tire kicked out enough to put my inside pedal into the concrete. Knew I was going to wipe out. Made the split second decision to go down my side. Took the full impact on my elbow. Force blew out a dine size hole to relieve the pressure. Was bleeding so badly that the two medics I was with tourniquet it on scene. Had an air ambulance in route to evac me until they stabilized me enough to transport by ground.

Jesus mate, what happened?
Edit: I see the post above.

f***.

Yep. Wasn’t being stupid or show boating. Just an easy bike ride to end a camping trip. Was biking with my sisters family. Good thing my sister and her husband are medics, they possibly saved my life.

Also, now on episode 4. Good stuff so far. Thanks for the recommendation.

Thank goodness they are medics mate, glad you're healing up. Enjoy those shows while you're laid out.

Yeah, small miracles. Emergency crews, hospital staff, etc, all amazing. Only the food was bad. Very lucky.

Will do for sure.

Not that it matters much to the overall discussion, but I always have some bandages, quick-clot, some sam splints, and an emergency tourniquet when I hike/MTB. If not for me, for others.

Carrying extra shit, sucks, but the penalty is worth it if it ever helps.

I carry a small but very extensive trauma kit myself. Accidents can happen no matter how careful and prepared you are, mine is proof of that. My biggest worry in the backcountry literally happened to me, life threatening blood loss. Broken bones hurt like hell, but they aren’t deadly. Blood loss can be. I’ll crawl to help if I have to, can’t put the blood back in though.

Also f*** Netflix for tying up Prague so bad shooting some Billy Bob Thornton/Ryan Gossling C-movie action bullshit that I cannot get out of my front door. :laugh:

Continue ;)

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@Iggy Smalls
Netflix was awesome before every network decided to join the streaming war and all the titles became splintered between at least 5 providers (in the US). I re-subscribe whenever one of my series has a new season and then promptly unsubscribe. Can't wait for next season of Narcos Mexico.
Iggy Smalls

I gave up on Narcos season 3... it's still a thing? (spoiler alert, even though I know the general story I still loved some of those characters)
Funny how they get characters who traffic and kill with impunity and are scum of the earth, yet we 'enjoy' these people.... heh...

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@Zirakzigil
I figured I hit the jackpot with a hiking buddy!!! But of course... it's not to be... well... it could be... maybe.... nahhhh..... nope...

She's fine man, she just makes me uncomfortable... me personally. I'm a low-key guy... thrown into a brightly colored brightly dressed good looking attention getter world of look at me look at me... I'm making myself sound petty... but thats just from over thinking the whole scenario... kinda had to be there and see it to feel the feels... IDFK

@Honour Over Glory I can see your face turning red at this ... shes cool... shes funny... she's smart... just personally don't like how she dresses.. honestly... it's just too much. It would be much easier if I had a picture... which I actually do... but no way I'm posting that stuff here to you wolves... guarantee 75% of you would say, yeah that is a little much to go on a deep wood hike...... the other 25% are just horny bastards that would be bought out by from the breasts

Last edited:
Reactions: Zirakzigil

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
@Zirakzigil
I figured I hit the jackpot with a hiking buddy!!! But of course... it's not to be... well... it could be... maybe.... nahhhh..... nope...

She's fine man, she just makes me uncomfortable... me personally. I'm a low-key guy... thrown into a brightly colored brightly dressed good looking attention getter world of look at me look at me... I'm making myself sound petty... but thats just from over thinking the whole scenario... kinda had to be there and see it to feel the feels... IDFK

@Honour Over Glory I can see your face turning red at this ... shes cool... shes funny... she's smart... just personally don't like how she dresses.. honestly... it's just too much. It would be much easier if I had a picture... which I actually do... but no way I'm posting that stuff here to you wolves... guarantee 75% of you would say, yeah that is a little much to go on a deep wood hike...... the other 25% are just horny bastards that would be bought out by from the breasts

I get it. I have a high stress job. I like being invisible on my days off. I’m very outgoing, but I don’t do things for the Instagram likes or selfies, I do it for me. Some people say I’m too easy going. Is what it is. Some of my best friends are social butterflies, especially my main hiking buddy. End of the day you got to feel comfortable with who you’re with or you won’t be yourself. I don’t think it’s shallow or arrogant to say how someone dresses is not right for you. As long as you’re being respectful. I don’t judge people’s choices, I wish them the best and politely move on if it’s not my thing. Being respectful is a two way street. Nowadays people just want to be offended if your opinion doesn’t match to theirs.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I get it. I have a high stress job. I like being invisible on my days off. I’m very outgoing, but I don’t do things for the Instagram likes or selfies, I do it for me. Some people say I’m too easy going. Is what it is. Some of my best friends are social butterflies, especially my main hiking buddy. End of the day you got to feel comfortable with who you’re with or you won’t be yourself. I don’t think it’s shallow or arrogant to say how someone dresses is not right for you. As long as you’re being respectful. I don’t judge people’s choices, I wish them the best and politely move on if it’s not my thing. Being respectful is a two way street. Nowadays people just want to be offended if your opinion doesn’t match to theirs.

Not to mention she literally tells me she has 'x' amount of dates every day... as in... she went on 3 that I know of... cancelled 2 maybe 3... and that is all in 6 - 7 days.
So... combine that with me getting nudie pics already... I wasn't complaining... but my brain (the smart one) kept saying 'you been here before... you been here before.... abort... abort!!!!!!'... ends badly.... very badly....'

I have no problem being only actual hiking buddies, which was my intent all along... hiking rock climbing etc etc. Oh well, that is the last I'll mention of it.

Oh... and that reminds me, when we were driving home all wet from swimming and she took her bra off and shorts... she wanted to go for ice cream!
(not even sure what she had on under there, but she said she could wear that dress without shorts)...

It's just too much for ol 'i'm not 21 and getting too old for this kinda shit' me hahah

Reactions: Zirakzigil

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
So much to catch up on.

Yes to Dave- that show is pretty good.

We just finished up watching The Sinner. It has 3 seasons. 1st was great, 2nd was good and the 3rd one was just blah.

Also we watched this yesterday bc it was family movie night. It had dogs and hockey in it. Anyone else see it?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
@Zirakzigil

All good mate. I wouldn't ask you to post the pic here or pm. But in any case you do you.

Reactions: LOGiK

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
@Iggy Smalls
Netflix was awesome before every network decided to join the streaming war and all the titles became splintered between at least 5 providers (in the US). I re-subscribe whenever one of my series has a new season and then promptly unsubscribe. Can't wait for next season of Narcos Mexico.
Iggy Smalls

I gave up on Narcos season 3... it's still a thing? (spoiler alert, even though I know the general story I still loved some of those characters)
Funny how they get characters who traffic and kill with impunity and are scum of the earth, yet we 'enjoy' these people.... heh...

You stopped after the original Narcos with Pablo Escobar/Cali Cartel? I like Narcos Mexico (which is a seperate series) because the story is impossible to finish. Diego Luna plays a fantastic character. I recommend checking out at least an episode of Mexico. I've always been a sucker for shows involving a loose historical angle.

Reactions: LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
You stopped after the original Narcos with Pablo Escobar/Cali Cartel? I like Narcos Mexico (which is a seperate series) because the story is impossible to finish. Diego Luna plays a fantastic character. I recommend checking out at least an episode of Mexico. I've always been a sucker for shows involving a loose historical angle.

Wat? No man... I watched all five season of Narcos *
One of my favorite shows. One of the best shows.

Hey... just a heads up, the mexico wont doesnt end... but neither did the columbia drug smuggling =P
Columbia most likely being controlled by the DEA or some shadow op...

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Summer sucks.

I'm starting to enjoy the heat less and less every year the older I get... I mean... I absolutely love wearing shorts and being able to walk around outside as easily as that.. no extra clothing.

But the humidity... is so crushing. This year mosquitos must be parked on my computer desk chair legs or i don't know what @)((#$*@, but my legs are getting annihilated by mosquito bastards.

I do love the thunderstorms... and they have been rampant this week and in general this summer so far!.... OH SHIT... as I type this perspective buyers march on to the property next mine... they look old... please buy. PLEASE.

Fall REALLY sucks. Everything is leaving and or dying
Spring/summer everything is coming and growing / providing food with the garden etc etc...
Winter, eh... enjoy the early nights and quite cold evenings to get well needed sleep / book reading time... rest up for spring, winter goes fast (days get longer 25 DEC)

Yes... I'm having my coffee...

Reactions: NMK11

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I, too, hate the heat.

Also, why aren't people aware of their awful body odor? From all walks of life and backgrounds, bathe your f***ing whack ass selves. The heat just exacerbates this, they're marinated in extra pungent filth that they normally have that is just aged to a gross perfection of rancidity.

FYI, you're odor is determined by diet to a degree...

But yeah..... I kinda wonder how humans survived for thousands of years living together so closely, and mostly during the unwashed masses era (if it ever ended to the uber rich) where literal shit was just thrown in the alleyways...

I don't see humanity making it another thousand years... honest opinion.... we're f***ed man...

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I just bought a Samsung tablet. I’m so bored I’m about to start crawling up the walls.

tell me your best tablet game time wasters!

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I just bought a Samsung tablet. I’m so bored I’m about to start crawling up the walls.

tell me your best tablet game time wasters!

gcA4mDf.gif

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I think where you are located makes a big difference if you think Summer blows or not.

In the north I freaking love it...I don't care if it's scorching hot or humid, give me the heat bc I know I'll be missing it when I'm freezing my nuts off in November.
But if you lived in NOLA or Fla, yea summer would suck.

Reactions: Ogrezilla
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad