OT: HFPens Community Lounge: The Summer is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Yeah that would be a good option too. I debated buying a beer gun so I could bottle from my keg if I wanted to, but I decided I wouldn't use it enough to justify it. But a growler could be a good way around that, although I'd be a bit concerned about it retaining its carbonation in a growler. How well does beer hold its carbonation in that?

didn't think of that part, I think you'd still probably need a keg to put it in at first. But I'm not exactly sure. But it gives the advantage of letting you take some of multiple beers if you are making multiple.

Gotta get a tube that reaches the bottom of the growler from the keg tap. Fill bottom up and to the brim to knock out as much oxygen as possible. Carbonation may last for 3 days max based on my experiences.

Also, do not carbonate via sugars in growler bottles. They are not designed to hold that pressure and will likely explode.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Random comment here, but I'll take all the luck I can get. I play guitar and used to work in the industry. I was trained by three MAJOR guitar brands during my time in that field. I'm trying to get back in. Applied to be a quality control guy with one of those companies, so I'd be testing their instruments before they left the factory. Dream gig there. It's also in the one place I really want to live in the continental US. The head of the division in that company is one of my references and said they'd love for me to join their crew. All signs are pointing go. Have to jump through a couple hoops and see what they say.

Wish me luck boys.

Bros I got an interview set up for Wednesday.

"We are really excited to see you again and think you'd be a perfect fit for this position." Their words, not mine. If someone wrote a fantasy book about me, this would be my job.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Some other stuff:
  1. Joe Rogan is a jackass, a moron, and a problem.
  2. I've had a weird rash on my wrists for about two weeks. Looking up the symptoms, it may be scabies (?!?!?) which can be treatable by ivermectin. :laugh: Not looking like it's scabies though, thank god.
  3. Almost electrocuted myself this morning removing my dishwasher. This house is wired terribly. I switched off the breakers for the kitchen and checked all the plugs and switches. Nothing was working. Luckily, I already knew that the house has goofy wiring and was wearing some gloves.

On the bright side, youd also make sure you are dewormed as well. :dunno:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

"We are really excited to see you again and think you'd be a perfect fit for this position." Their words, not mine. If someone wrote a fantasy book about me, this would be my job.

Hell yeah man. Awesome.

Public service announcement: rope worms are just your intestinal lining.

This timeline is so utterly ridiculous.

Sure seems like all the people that used to call me too negative have piped down in recent years, though.

Reactions: 3074326

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
240944352_377595927174922_8990334132426335511_n.jpg

The kegerator I got is absolutely massive :laugh:

I need to figure out what I'm going to pick as my first keg, but the nice thing about my kegerator is that it's big enough that I can fit 2 kegs in there. It would be a bit of a pain to jump back and forth, but I have the option to do that.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

I've applied to be quality control and taste tester at multiple gin distilleries.

Still no word back but I hold out hope.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

I need to figure out what I'm going to pick as my first keg, but the nice thing about my kegerator is that it's big enough that I can fit 2 kegs in there. It would be a bit of a pain to jump back and forth, but I have the option to do that.
Get a second tap on there and live it up.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada

Annnnnd just like that, someone is not going to be allowed to post after a Penguins loss.;) :sarcasm:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Get a second tap on there and live it up.

That's actually something I'm curious about, how difficult would it be to add a second tap? There's definitely the space for it.

Annnnnd just like that, someone is not going to be allowed to post after a Penguins loss.;) :sarcasm:

Joke's on you, I already binge drink during Penguins games :laugh:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
That's actually something I'm curious about, how difficult would it be to add a second tap? There's definitely the space for it.

Joke's on you, I already binge drink during Penguins games :laugh:
my buddy put 4 taps into a chest freezer for his. It didn't seem too difficult, though I don't actually know what all went in to it. But he's been using the same one for almost 10 years now.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
my buddy put 4 taps into a chest freezer for his. It didn't seem too difficult, though I don't actually know what all went in to it. But he's been using the same one for almost 10 years now.
I can't imagine wanting that much of something like beer.

If you're gonna tap a keg, it'd better be a cask of Macallan.

Just the thought of a giant keg of beer makes me feel bloated and have the urgency to urinate.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
So a guy at my work has been training me extremly hard for my lack of fitness level and I used to go so hard I was about to puke, pretty sure I was about to go so hard yesterday I was going to have a literal heart attack. I got really dizzy and had a shortness of breath after a break, took 10 minutes to go away, during the hard calisthenics part with and without my shades on for atleast 20 minutes I kept having to stop non stop because I could not see anything, the world around me was SO BRIGHT I could not see shit like someone put the gamma to the max or something. I close my eyes and I see a swirling circle like when people say they died and seen the light, it was SO BRIGHT! My hour walk home with a heavy backpack was pure hell, especially when near the end you are blind again. Go hard or go home, I guess. Not 1 person I know agrees with his method and people that know him call him a moron for doing this.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So a guy at my work has been training me extremly hard for my lack of fitness level and I used to go so hard I was about to puke, pretty sure I was about to go so hard yesterday I was going to have a literal heart attack. I got really dizzy and had a shortness of breath after a break, took 10 minutes to go away, during the hard calisthenics part with and without my shades on for atleast 20 minutes I kept having to stop non stop because I could not see anything, the world around me was SO BRIGHT I could not see shit like someone put the gamma to the max or something. I close my eyes and I see a swirling circle like when people say they died and seen the light, it was SO BRIGHT! My hour walk home with a heavy backpack was pure hell, especially when near the end you are blind again. Go hard or go home, I guess. Not 1 person I know agrees with his method and people that know him call him a moron for doing this.
Here's a bad summary of this post.

Bloke goes hard with a mate, extremely hard as a matter of fact. So hard he wants to puke and sees bright lights.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
@66-30-33

When it comes to working out to change your physique and what not its about a build up and not pushing it too hard too fast. You'll risk injuries that will set you back. Just remember it's a marathon not a 100m sprint.

You want to get better eating habits.
Rest habits (sleeping, yoga, and stretching every day even if you aren't working out)
Proper form
And then it's about your core out. Work the core, strengthen the core, then compound workouts.

The worst you can do is over exerting yourself. I'm sure you already know this but don't hurt yourself mate.

Reactions: 66-30-33

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I can't imagine wanting that much of something like beer.

If you're gonna tap a keg, it'd better be a cask of Macallan.

Just the thought of a giant keg of beer makes me feel bloated and have the urgency to urinate.
He brews his own. Some people really like beer. I don't really like any alcohol honestly. I like some beers, and I can do some mixed drinks, but I really don't drink unless I'm trying to get drunk. If I'm drinking something to be refreshing or to taste good, it won't be alcohol.

Reactions: Zirakzigil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad