OT: HFPens Community Lounge: The Summer is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The federal government is supposed to be working on that. Whether you trust them or not is another thing. I don’t think in the long term it will be an issue. Might be this summer though.

I'm going to be pissed if they come out with a report in a year's time saying that mixing the vaccines didn't give the proper coverage after how hard Ontario (and I'm assuming Canada) is pushing to get whatever dose is available, even if it's different from your first.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I'm going to be pissed if they come out with a report in a year's time saying that mixing the vaccines didn't give the proper coverage after how hard Ontario (and I'm assuming Canada) is pushing to get whatever dose is available, even if it's different from your first.
That’s understandable. I wanted to get my second dose while I was in the hospital. Because of all the meds I was on, it went to some of the top doctors in the hospital, to make sure there wouldn’t be complications. Eventually I was told it would be fine. I also asked about mixing the two. They fundamentally are the same drug, just use different DNA in the manufacturing process. I don’t expect you to take my word on it, but I wouldn’t be worried about mixing Pfizer and Moderna. Mixing one of those with a different type is a different story.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It was woke, except they were all straight. Should of had some non gender confusion to make it better.

She said the fight scenes were bad. Very bad.

I think it's something that would have worked better as a mini series. It needed to be fleshed out. John Wick created a world in 3 movies. They tried to do it in one. No one ever learns from the materials around them. Especially one specifically ripping off the franchise I'm talking about.

Reactions: Zirakzigil

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
She said the fight scenes were bad. Very bad.

I think it's something that would have worked better as a mini series. It needed to be fleshed out. John Wick created a world in 3 movies. They tried to do it in one. No one ever learns from the materials around them. Especially one specifically ripping off the franchise I'm talking about.
Haha. Just bugging you. I totally agree. I wonder if they try and make another.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I'd kind of like to see more action movies lean into the goofy fight-comedy niche, to be perfectly honest. I don't mind a grim, dark, violent action movie (in fact I rather dig them), but it's nice to have a Stephen Chow/Jackie Chan palate cleanser.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
gcA4mDf.gif

Wait, it works on tablets???

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
I know it seems like a weird recommendation but Brick is one of my favorite noir/thrillers and it's... like if high school kids in California in like 2008 were in The Big Sleep. Super underrated if you like thriller detective stuff.

Also the new Nic Cage movie Pig about him trying to track down (I am not shitting you) his stolen pig in the Portland, OR underworld is pretty amazing.

Brick is fantastic.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Brick is fantastic and Pig is supposed to be very good.

I recently read why Nic doesn't like Hollywood big movies and does Indies. It's a good read and makes him less weird.

Essentially they wanted him to be a robot and have less depth and he was tired of it and wanted to really dig into characters and have more room to interpret characters in his own way.

Well, at a certain point he was another hollywood bitch... he had to do whatever he could get so that left him little say in the matter...

Jezzzz... after what, 20 years after he got screwed... is he finally paid in full with his debt?

I respect him solely on having a debt - by being SCREWED - and working to pay that off.... given he's just an actor flying around and talking and shit in front of a camera and not hard labor minimum wage job.... but still... a level of respect for him... one that I would never give an actor / actress... Lowest form of life to me... lie and play a character right to your face never know who they are... untrustable. (that a word?)

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
My wife and I have been binging Wayward Pines- we're on S1 Episode 8 or something. Seems decent enough to fill the time.
We just wrapped up all 4 seasons of Crazy ex GF, which is pretty good outside of some of the musical numbers

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
My wife and I have been binging Wayward Pines- we're on S1 Episode 8 or something. Seems decent enough to fill the time.
We just wrapped up all 4 seasons of Crazy ex GF, which is pretty good outside of some of the musical numbers

Thats got that guy from something about mary in it right? also from wild things... tha hells that guys name...

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Matt Dillon
Thats the guy.

Yeah... he's in that show, right?

If so... actually even if he isn't, I remember watching an episode or two or three... not sure where... not sure when, not sure why I stopped....

Is it worth sticking through?

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Thats the guy.

If so... actually even if he isn't, I remember watching an episode or two or three... not sure where... not sure when, not sure why I stopped....

So far we both like it to keep watching. And we typically don't stick around if a show isn't doing it for us lol

We also watch this Blind Date (American TV series) - Wikipedia and we die laughing every time. I have a major crush on Nikki Glasser

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Thats the guy.

If you have Netflix you might like Big Mouth too. Animated but damn it's a hoot

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
If you have Netflix you might like Big Mouth too. Animated but damn it's a hoot

Surprisingly, I've watched all of big mouth. Even though it's disgusting humor and based on little kids and sexifying them... ehhh... I watch it and I actually laugh.. not many shows make me actually laugh.

Nikki Glasser never heard of..

My fav animation on netflix is F is for Family... Bill Burr is a boss. So surprised that show gets very little viewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad