OT: HFPens Community Lounge (Scandy's Rave Party next door): Spooky, spooky, spooky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I read something to the effect of Pittsburgh used to be way bigger in population, thus more taxes and more public workers & equipment. But the roads don't go away when population shrinks but funds sure do.

That said, my road still looked like shit yesterday when I left.

I played a few times back in middle school and enjoyed it. Pretty sure I was a mage. My brother had a Star Wars role playing guidebook which I thought was the coolest thing ever. Creating a character was lots of fun, but I don't think I ever ended up playing a campaign.

91GJZvW0b4L.jpg
Is it because you kept creating a version of Rey?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Anyone have the stomach to read that Whedon interview?

Woo boy. What an immense f***ing loser.

Looking back on Firefly, Dollhouse, Buffy, Avengers 1+2...

The bloke was always a deranged sick f***. I hate that he created Firefly. I loved that show.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah sucks, but at least people like Charisma are getting their just treatment now.
Charisma and the bloke from Justice League.

The fact that he accused Gal Gadot of misconstruing a comment as a threat because of her lack of command of the English language is comical at best. At the moment of that movie, she'd done 10+ English speaking roles and countless interviews that shows joss is still a sexist douche.

Also the Cyborg actor not being good? The Snyder version, he was very good in it.

Also the bit about one of the women he cheated on his wife with, being afraid of being dumped on her birthday and Joss knowing, only to use that against her and dump her on her bday is such a sick f*** move. It's what a sociopath would do.

The show Dollhouse had all the signs and no one saw it.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Does anyone else find maple syrup to be absolutely abhorrent?

I've been made to feel like the weird one on this topic for far too many years and I'm trying to see if I'm just crazy here.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
WEIRD tasting liquified sugar, yes.

I dunno. I guess I prefer my breakfast foods to not be sogged out with diabetes.
hey I won't judge anybody for not eating it. It IS liquified sugar :laugh: I probably eat syrup like twice a year on pancakes or waffles if I go out for breakfast or something. But even though I know it's awful for me, I still understand that it is delicious.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Oh it isn't a health thing, really. I just think the taste of maple is super weird already and then you compound that by putting enough sugar in it to make Brimley come back from the dead just so he can lecture you.

Blueberry or strawberry compote and whipped cream, man. That's the ticket.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Maple is awesome but I do have to agree that the whole straight uncut sugar to the veins thing is a concern. Truth is, if you eat pancakes or waffles at all you pretty much have to put something on top of them and almost every prevalent option for such is pure ****ing sugar.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Maple is awesome but I do have to agree that the whole straight uncut sugar to the veins thing is a concern. Truth is, if you eat pancakes or waffles at all you pretty much have to put something on top of them and almost every prevalent option for such is pure ****ing sugar.

Hmmmm. Perhaps I'm just not a big fan of glorified bread for breakfast, come to think of it. I guess if you have to literally soak something in sugar to eat it it might not really be that great?

I try to keep my breakfasts hot-sauce compliant when it comes to condiments.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Maple sugar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> normal sugar

At least according to my nutritionist and taste buds. If you don't like the taste, however, there's not much you can do about that.

I adore real maple syrup, which I can never justify because I hate pancakes and enjoy the concept of waffles infinitely more than I enjoy waffles. Fake syrup is straight up poison as far as I'm concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad