OT: HFPens Community Lounge (Scandy's Rave Party next door): Spooky, spooky, spooky

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Someone on reddit dug this up:

Taken a few years ago.

Every person in every small town across the country probably knows about a bridge or overpass in similar condition. It's shameful.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Should be pretty interesting to find out what they think is the cause. Like what failed first etc.

They replaced the 35W bridge in Minneapolis in alittle more than a year after it collapsed but it did carry 10 times the traffic. Thus it was a major artery and needed replaced quickly. My thought is it will be about 2-3 years before this is replaced because of politics.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Should be pretty interesting to find out what they think is the cause. Like what failed first etc.

They replaced the 35W bridge in Minneapolis in alittle more than a year after it collapsed but it did carry 10 times the traffic. Thus it was a major artery and needed replaced quickly. My thought is it will be about 2-3 years before this is replaced because of politics.

I'm thinking 3 to 4 years "normally". Likely sooner because of the national news and Biden visiting.

If this stuff rusts fairly quickly and locally (locally on the metal) I'm curious as to why they don't use sacrificial anodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad