OT: HFPens Community Lounge: All Are Welcome (No, Not You)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
EW THESE ADS BETWEEN POSTS ARE HORRIBLE

just what I wanted more shit to scroll past when scrolling through threads

And I'm getting stuck on an ad page when hitting Post Reply lol

@BHD @ColePens lol

Reactions: That1Kid and TNT87

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Linhardt was reason and faith as default, he came to me saying he wants to be faith and be a bishop. Petra said sword and assassin. Those are my only two distinguished tracks atm.... I THINK... just having my coffee now.
yeah petra was mostly swords but capable with bows for me and was a beast. Linhart was basically pure faith and was also great.

Reactions: LOGiK

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Casper wielded an axe (my doing unfortunately) and wouldnt level (got x2 beat downs each every turn with 0 AS so I'd have to keep him in back). Once I noticed the AS (and you posted about it (kinda exact same time)) I went from my slick experiment of using people to find their hidden ability first, didn't work out too well.... as soon as I figured it out I went with objects that didnt weigh too much for the light strengthed people. Some casters will have 0 AS but thats the ropes.
Caspar used mostly fists for me, with axes enough for his classes and to have a hand axe to throw from range. I think the hand axes becoming available is when I was really able to get him leveling up. But he was a beast with brawling once he was leveled.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
yeah petra was mostly swords but capable with bows for me and was a beast. Linhart was basically pure faith and was also great.
Caspar used mostly fists for me, with axes enough for his classes and to have a hand axe to throw from range. I think the hand axes becoming available is when I was really able to get him leveling up. But he was a beast with brawling once he was leveled.

Same and same.

Don't have the throwing axe yet, but once Petra got boxed in as my main team was seperated by map obstacles she held the ground and MVP'd and has been strong on her feet since then. Enemies love to target her too for some reason, she really let's loose on them for doing so...

Just got done doing the fog ambush against the first lord... bookmarked it halfway through when the fog lifted... I was falling asleep playing in portable on the couch all comfy with a blanket on my legs after eating a huge home made taco meal with near a gallon of rice pudding .... instant sleep recipe.

I loaded up on weapons each unit can cycle through and it really upped my game ... thanks to you... not sure I would have done that.

I'm on chapter 3 I think... barely anything into the story... how many chapters does the game have?

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Same and same.

Don't have the throwing axe yet, but once Petra got boxed in as my main team was seperated by map obstacles she held the ground and MVP'd and has been strong on her feet since then. Enemies love to target her too for some reason, she really let's loose on them for doing so...

Just got done doing the fog ambush against the first lord... bookmarked it halfway through when the fog lifted... I was falling asleep playing in portable on the couch all comfy with a blanket on my legs after eating a huge home made taco meal with near a gallon of rice pudding .... instant sleep recipe.

I loaded up on weapons each unit can cycle through and it really upped my game ... thanks to you... not sure I would have done that.

I'm on chapter 3 I think... barely anything into the story... how many chapters does the game have?
I'm not sure, probably 20ish? A few more maybe. I know you go through a full year on the calendar at least, but I don't remember if you make it through a second. My brain wants to say the answer should be 24 but I think it's actually a bit different depending on your team.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I'm not sure, probably 20ish? A few more maybe. I know you go through a full year on the calendar at least, but I don't remember if you make it through a second. My brain wants to say the answer should be 24 but I think it's actually a bit different depending on your team.

Interesting... good to know I got a bit of time to go... I think I'm at either 13 hours or 18 and I'm only on chapter 3.

That's ridiculous how long to beat the game website says 50 hours average for straight playthrough. Well....... I suppose.... if you just gun it and auto instruct etc... auto battle some turns.

Not me. I'm in it for the long haul. Divinity: Original Sin 2 took me over 200 hours... 3 months to finish, at a good clip probably 2 hours every day or at least every other day.
Expecting that out of FE:TH and then I get to jump right in to Zelda BOTW... busy summer.
Good thing switch is portable I'll be playing camping... on the porch and swing outside getting some sun etc =P

Reactions: Ogrezilla

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
Aw man, Jessica Walter died. :( She was always fantastic in whatever she was in.
anigif_enhanced-21858-1450474804-2.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Late to the party but I missed the Three Houses discussion from yesterday. I really wish there was a difficulty between "Hard" and "Maddening". On "Hard", it's so easy to become overleveled and just obliterate everything. My team is level 44 Byleth (Enlightened One) and Claude (Barbarossa) with level 42 Shamir (Bow Knight), Leonie (Bow Knight), Lysithea (Dark Knight), Hilda (Wyvern Lord), Dorothea (Gremory but typing this post made me realize I forgot to switch her class from Warlock, oops), Hapi (Dark Knight), Yuri (Mortal Savant but switching him back to Trickster as soon as he masters Mortal Savant) and Constance (Gremory but switching her back to Dark Flier as soon as I master Gremory), and I literally just kill every map. I'm at least 3 levels overpowered from even the high difficulty challenges, and I'm anywhere between 7 and 9 levels overpowered from the main quest.

Pretty much everyone manages to 1-shot any opponent they go against. Claude, Yuri and Hilda are basically guaranteed 1 hit kills due to their speed, while Shamir, Byleth and Leonie seem to get crits all of the time. Yuri's an absolute 1 man wrecking crew, I think he's at 30-35 in all of strength, speed, magic and luck so he's basically guaranteed 2 hits each move with a very high critical hit rate. All of my mages usually have at least 1 move that can 1-shot, whether it's with a high enough power (Thoron, Meteor, Bolting, Hades, ect) or a move that can hit twice (Fire, Thunder and Misma all do this).

I literally just did the "Capture Fort Mercius" map in 2 turns. One turn to move, use Warp with Lysithea and get a 80% crit with Byleth on the Death Knight :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: HandshakeLine

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Late to the party but I missed the Three Houses discussion from yesterday. I really wish there was a difficulty between "Hard" and "Maddening". On "Hard", it's so easy to become overleveled and just obliterate everything. My team is level 44 Byleth (Enlightened One) and Claude (Barbarossa) with level 42 Shamir (Bow Knight), Leonie (Bow Knight), Lysithea (Dark Knight), Hilda (Wyvern Lord), Dorothea (Gremory but typing this post made me realize I forgot to switch her class from Warlock, oops), Hapi (Dark Knight), Yuri (Mortal Savant but switching him back to Trickster as soon as he masters Mortal Savant) and Constance (Gremory but switching her back to Dark Flier as soon as I master Gremory), and I literally just kill every map. I'm at least 3 levels overpowered from even the high difficulty challenges, and I'm anywhere between 7 and 9 levels overpowered from the main quest.

Pretty much everyone manages to 1-shot any opponent they go against. Claude, Yuri and Hilda are basically guaranteed 1 hit kills due to their speed, while Shamir, Byleth and Leonie seem to get crits all of the time. Yuri's an absolute 1 man wrecking crew, I think he's at 30-35 in all of strength, speed, magic and luck so he's basically guaranteed 2 hits each move with a very high critical hit rate. All of my mages usually have at least 1 move that can 1-shot, whether it's with a high enough power (Thoron, Meteor, Bolting, Hades, ect) or a move that can hit twice (Fire, Thunder and Misma all do this).

I literally just did the "Capture Fort Mercius" map in 2 turns. One turn to move, use Warp with Lysithea and get a 80% crit with Byleth on the Death Knight :laugh:

Warp is such a ridiculous cheeseball spell, I love it. In my Golden Deer playthough, I spent a few missions warping Raphael or a recruited Yuri into the thick of the enemies and let them just counterattack everyone into oblivion in like 2 turns. :laugh:

My big unit complaint is with the calvary units-- they're just not as useful as mages + archers, with the exception of mounted archers which are just Death From Above.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Warp is such a ridiculous cheeseball spell, I love it. In my Golden Deer playthough, I spent a few missions warping Raphael or a recruited Yuri into the thick of the enemies and let them just counterattack everyone into oblivion in like 2 turns. :laugh:

My big unit complaint is with the calvary units-- they're just not as useful as mages + archers, with the exception of mounted archers which are just Death From Above.
flyers are pretty damn good. The pegasus knights are at least. But the horses are worse than I remember them in any of the other games I've played.

This is for sure the best mages have been in the games I've played.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
@Gurglesons "You’re right. I worry every time @Tom Hanks disappears for a stretch that he died"

200.gif

Thanks for the concern mate. Work has been crazy for me lately. I actually talked to them about that as my brain couldn't keep up the pace I was working at. They took a bunch of work off me straight away so that was good. I haven't seen a game or really followed whats going on.

.....checks standings..... looks like we are doing really well ( :laugh: @ Philly ). Should be around more soon-ish.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad