HFOil Mock Entry Draft 2019 | Draft Complete!

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
:ducks2 select, from the Winnipeg Ice of the WHL, Peyton Krebs!

8591364_web1_copy_Krebs_Peyton_Action-WEB-1024x683.jpg

@Stud Muffin, Vancouver is up next.

---

- OB Rule: Please do not talk about prospects that have yet to be drafted yet, that are available, that are still on the board. Talk about them after they've been chosen ("this is who I was considering", "this is who I wanted the Oilers to take")

Deleted too many posts because people can't keep their fingers busy.

Reactions: Zaddy and Llamamoto

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
With pick 15th in the 1st round the Montreal Canadians are proud to select: Arthur Kaliyev, right wing Hamilton Bulldogs.

B823753891Z.1_20180130200804_000_GP721FRTH.2_Super_Portrait.jpg

Colorado Avalanche @Zaddy are on the clock

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
:avs :avs :avs

With the 16th overall pick the Colorado Avalanche are proud to select...

...from Lukko, Finland...

Ville Heinola

2019-03-18-Prospect-Deep-Dive-Ville-Heinola.jpg

Next GM has been notified.​

Reginald Dunlop

Apr 8, 2014
With the 17th pick, Vegas selects Thomas Harley from the Mississauga Steelheads of the OHL.

Thomas-Harley.jpg

:vegas
1 - 17 : Thomas Harley - CAN - LD - 6'3" 187 lbs.
2 - 48
3 - 79
3 - 82
3 - 86
4 - 110
5 - 135
5 - 139
5 - 141

@Fixed to Ruin you're up next!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan Kelly

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I'm surprised the two Swedes lasted so long, I was considering taking both of them at #12. I really think they're both being almost overlooked and overanalyzed on HF in general, the hive mind causing them to drop in a lot of mocks.

I agree. However i think with Swedish defenseman it's hard to get a good read on them. They pop in international tournaments but then they go back to the sweden where they sometimes play in a pro league aganst men and they don't seem to dominate like someone such as Bowden Byram who is a cut above his peers.

If a Swedish dman dominates in the SHL he's basically a lock for the top 3. (Ex. Dahlin or Hedman)

Reginald Dunlop

Apr 8, 2014
I strongly considered both Swedish D at 17, it was more about what I liked in Harley than what I didn't like in the others.

His skating, passing, stickhandling and offensive instincts were too much to pass up. Really reminded me of Chabot when I saw him at the U 18s. Was also nominated for the OHL dman of the year in his draft year.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I agree. However i think with Swedish defenseman it's hard to get a good read on them. They pop in international tournaments but then they go back to the sweden where they sometimes play in a pro league aganst men and they don't seem to dominate like someone such as Bowden Byram who is a cut above his peers.

If a Swedish dman dominates in the SHL he's basically a lock for the top 3. (Ex. Dahlin or Hedman)

For Broberg that might be the case, but Söderström has looked a lot better in SHL than in international tournaments. His game isn't very flashy, just very efficient and mature, so he's more impressive when you see him play against men than against boys.

Also, it's clearly a very different situation for Swedish and Finnish defensemen as they tend to be playing against men back home in league play whereas guys like Byram plays against boys both internationally and domestically, so naturally it's a lot easier to "dominate" in league play for them. If a Swedish D is really good, he won't play in the junior league, or if he does it won't be very many games at all.

Even a guy like Timothy Liljegren who didn't even look that good in the swedish junior league after coming back from mono only played 12 games there, compared to 19 games in SHL (and an additional 5 in Allsvenskan).

This is why European players tend to be very underrated, because scouts and people in general don't see them dominate the way their North American counterparts do, simply because the level of play they play at is so much higher.

EDIT: I realize this is pretty much what you said in your post as well now, but just wanted to clarify a little bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad