52. LW MATTHEW STROME, 6'3, 201lb, Hamilton Bulldogs, OHL
62. C ALEKSI HEPONIEMI, 5'10, 143lb, Swift Current Broncos, WHL
73. C ADAM RUZICKA, 6'4, 202lb, Sarnia Sting, OHL
104. LD JACK RATHBONE, 5'10, 165lb, Dexter High School, USHS
142. G MATTHEW VILLALTA 6'2, 170lb, Sault Ste Marie Greyhounds, OHL

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Edmonton selects forward Lane Zablocki from the Red Deer Rebels. I was in a huge hurry when my pick came up and can now expand further, haha.

Plays C or W equally well, and another one of those guys that does everything well but maybe doesn't have that defining elite attribute (honestly a feistier Mark Letestu isn't a bad comparable). Can sometimes go overboard with his 'shift-disturbing' and take a dumb penalty. Strong playoff performance with 6 goals in 6 games. Top level is likely a fringe 2nd liner, should hopefully blossom into a strong 3rd line centre.

Scored 34 goals between regular season and playoffs depite being traded midseason, good Western boy, ranked 52nd by Central among North American skaters at year end.

22: C/RW Kailer Yamamoto
82: G Maxim Zhukov
84: RD: Reilly Walsh
115: RC Drake Rymsha
126: C/RW Pavel Shen
146: C/RW Lane Zablocki

Last edited:

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Yeah he's not very tall but he's got a solid build. Increased his production in the playoffs and I think he's likely to break out next season with more responsibility.

I hadn't seen him play at all during the year, but he opened my eyes with one specific play in the Mem Cup where he was able to knock Sergachyov on his ass. Oil probably have a good book on him since he's Bear's teammate, wouldn't surprise me if they look at him in the 5th or 6th.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Edmonton selects winger Lane Zablocki from the Red Deer Rebels.

Scored 33 goals, good Western boy, ranked 52nd by Central among North American skaters at year end.

He's a **** disturber, no? I like.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
He's a **** disturber, no? I like.

Yup. :laugh: nearly 100 PIM in each of the last two seasons. Needs to tone it down at times and work on his consistency, but does his job well.

He's been on my radar since the 3rd round, pretty fortunate he fell this far. He's a solid player I can see the Oilers looking at with their 3rd round picks.

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
The Montreal Canadiens select RW D'Artagnan Joly from Baie Comeau Drakkar

#25 - C - Ryan Poehling
#54 - RW - Ivan Lodnia
#58 - C - Mason Shaw
#85 - C - Tyler Steenbergen
#147 - RW - D'Artagnan Joly

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
I think it is important to note that this player is NOT draft eligible.

He's on Central Scouting's list and he's been ranked by other draft publications for this year's draft. Is there a reason he's not draft eligible that has come out since Central Scouting put out their final list?

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Can you elaborate? Eliteprospects says he's 2017 eligible and he's ranked by Central Scouting (56th, EUR)

Oh my mistake everyone I was sure that he was a 95 born. I guess that's why you check your facts first :shakehead

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
:wild

With the 148th overall pick the Minnesota Wild are proud to select...

...from Kingston Frontenacs, OHL, forward Linus Nyman.

nyman-linus-2.jpg

Vide

Mar 2, 2015
:cbj select from Blainville-Boisbriand Armada, center Joel Teasdale.

Callum+Booth+Joel+Teasdale+Blainville+Boisbriand+eTmn2p5sCUMl.jpg

(1) 24th - Robert Thomas, C, London
(3) 87th - Jack Studnicka, C, Oshawa
(4) 118th - Mark Rubinchik, D, Saskatoon
(5) 149th - Joel Teasdale, C, Blainville

Sending PM to next GM.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Washington Capitals select with the 151th overall pick C - Ryan Peckford - Victoria (WHL)

vka-royalskings11305-jpg.jpg

Peckford really took control of his game this season and relished in his role as second line centre and winger on a deep Victoria offence. He plays a quiet game and he’s not flashy but he’s an intelligent player who sees the entire ice. He does a good job of keeping up with the pace of the play. Peckford is a smooth skater with clean strides and good acceleration. He’ll make sure his zone is taken care of and is solid in the face-off circle. He’s responsible defensive forward who is a real tight fore checker. Has a knack for scoring the big goal in timely situations and creates a stir when he battles for loose pucks in the crease. Provides secondary scoring and will see some PP time. Injuries marred his season, and a lackluster return at playoff time didn’t help restart draft conversations about him. Peckford looks like a bit of an unmoulded prospect right now, but could very well chisel himself out a role as a reliable scorer and two-way guy. He is a little rough around the edges and isn’t outstanding at one aspect, but has the right skillset to progress.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad