OT: HFNYR OT Thread XIII: HF Server Pilgrimage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Stuff's broke. They were working on some upgrades, likely caused other problems.
The web team is working on it.

Now when y'all say "upgrades" around here its very misleading.

I expect complete twitter threads in posts or a vending machine. Instead its like, "Now HF won't crash and accidentally send your worst, most mindless post to your current employer".

pls respond

Reactions: Ail and nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
How many people actually work on this site? Do they also work on the other Crave sites or just this one?
For a long time I always assumed that Buffaloed was the webmaster, he handled all the shit, full stack. But then the site became a Crave property and presumably moved to their servers, so now I figure Buff may be more of a front-end guy and Crave probably has a few back-end guys. But I'm just speculating, I really have no idea.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
For a long time I always assumed that Buffaloed was the webmaster, he handled all the ****, full stack. But then the site became a Crave property and presumably moved to their servers, so now I figure Buff may be more of a front-end guy and Crave probably has a few back-end guys. But I'm just speculating, I really have no idea.

How many people actually work on this site? Do they also work on the other Crave sites or just this one?

nyr is right from what I know. But as far as I understand there is a pool of techs who handle it. I think they work on the entirety of Evolve not just Crave.
We were told the problem was that some traffic was getting load balanced to the wrong address after they changed the caching server host. The new ones are supposed to be faster for the draft.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
nyr is right from what I know. But as far as I understand there is a pool of techs who handle it. I think they work on the entirety of Evolve not just Crave.
We were told the problem was that some traffic was getting load balanced to the wrong address after they changed the caching server host. The new ones are supposed to be faster for the draft.
Thanks guys. I didn’t notice any issues. I was just curious as I always assumed Buffaloed did everything.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The last 12 months have been crazy. I've moved to Vienna and with the amount of traveling I do for work (mostly to Sweden and Finland) I get to see a lot of hockey games. I buy a puck at every arena but I reached a point where I couldn't remember either the date, result or opponent. Then, I thought of a solution. I bought a roll of stick tape and marked the pucks. Date, match up, score. I am pretty happy with the overall result. I need a bigger desk soon, with the new season starting in August.

upload_2018-5-24_11-2-17.png

upload_2018-5-24_11-2-36.png

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Had to evacuate my work building today and got sunburn on my head
I'm starting to go bald, in the front. It's really thin from the front-center of my head back to the mid-back area. So, I'll eventually be looking at the horseshoe if I let it be. Of course, I will shave it or buzz it well before then. Or maybe pull something like the Matt Lauer, depending on the exact pattern I end up with. In person, I just look like a guy with thin hair, but in a lot of pictures I look stunningly bald. I make my wife crop the Facebook and Instagram photos she takes so the top of my head is not in them. :laugh:

Getting old is a bitch in so, so many ways.

Reactions: Sarge13

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I'm starting to go bald, in the front. It's really thin from the front-center of my head back to the mid-back area. So, I'll eventually be looking at the horseshoe if I let it be. Of course, I will shave it or buzz it well before then. Or maybe pull something like the Matt Lauer, depending on the exact pattern I end up with. In person, I just look like a guy with thin hair, but in a lot of pictures I look stunningly bald. I make my wife crop the Facebook and Instagram photos she takes so the top of my head is not in them. :laugh:

Getting old is a ***** in so, so many ways.
I shave my head at 23 because I hate my hair and hairline, so it works for me. Either a 1 or a 0 all around, depending on how I feel the day I go to the barber. Makes my helmet and goal mask fit better too. :laugh:

Reactions: nyr2k2

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
For anyone who likes stand up comedy, John Mulaney's Netflix special is amazing. I've never resonated more with another human being in my life.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Anyone else having these MacKeeper ads hijacking the browser window? Since the switch, the ads are so much more aggressive and sketchy.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
If any of y'all are having issues with the site logging you out automatically every time you return, delete you cache and old bookmark since the new transfer now requires you to use https://

It should alleviate the issues when navigating through the other forums on here as well.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
If any of y'all are having issues with the site logging you out automatically every time you return, delete you cache and old bookmark since the new transfer now requires you to use https://

It should alleviate the issues when navigating through the other forums on here as well.
The problem is that it still does it when I F5 the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad