OT: HFNYR OT Thread XIII: HF Server Pilgrimage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Yeah, my parents just got back their home phone. They live in the middle of nowhere Western NJ, so the damage is incredibly bad. Lots of trees down on their property, around the neighborhood, town, etc.

They still don't have regular power (using generator), internet, cable, etc.

And they're estimated for 5-9 inches more, last they checked.

In general, this horrible weather is not making their already tough week that much worse.

Like...this is not great:
n886Uon.jpg

Heck, out by me in Bayside, we got jack squat for snow, but we had several trees around our apartment complex come down. One smashed a caretakers car. The other hug one thankfully fell inbetween two buildings and not on them.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
We didn't get snow, but some sleet and CRAZY wind. Trampolines blowing across the neighborhood, a mailbox breaking at the base, etc. The HOA is trying to get a company to come do roof repair in the neighborhood for a "group discount," where everyone would get it for cheap because the company would probably be getting 200+ homes worth of business.

I was really lucky, I had no property damage, no trees fell (I guess all that could fall fell last year, haha), nothing. An Amazon package containing Echinacea tea was blown across the neighborhood but someone grabbed it out of their tree for me. LOL. Also, I'll fix my own damn shingles if I ever lose any.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Driving on the left reminds me of the time I was fired from my milkman job.

Understandable. We tried to explain to you empty milk bottles outside on the doorstep does not mean you attempt to enter the house and refill them with the lady of the house’s milk recepticles.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Good news for me today. I am flying to the UK in April to interview applicants for the new datacenter. Woohoo!

Oh, and I just booked my flights, hotel and tickets for this weekend. Frolunda vs Brynas. On my way back home, I fly to Budapest for 19 euros and then take a train to Vienna. Because why not make it 4 countries in 4 days haha

moretti

Nov 8, 2016
Hey guys. I'm pretty sure I've seen the topic of which accounts to follow on Twitter for rangers related news discussed here on the boards not too long ago, but now that I'm looking for it I can't seem to find it. I'm on mobile so I like to think that has something to do with it, but in reality it's probably just that I'm really inept at using the search function. I only seem to find really old posts regarding the matter and I feel like there should be some newer ones around, right? Or am I just wrong in thinking I've seen it discussed in the last year or so?

Either way, if anyone could help me out and point me in the right direction or just give me some tips for who to follow that'd be great. Thanks in advance!

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Hey guys. I'm pretty sure I've seen the topic of which accounts to follow on Twitter for rangers related news discussed here on the boards not too long ago, but now that I'm looking for it I can't seem to find it. I'm on mobile so I like to think that has something to do with it, but in reality it's probably just that I'm really inept at using the search function. I only seem to find really old posts regarding the matter and I feel like there should be some newer ones around, right? Or am I just wrong in thinking I've seen it discussed in the last year or so?

Either way, if anyone could help me out and point me in the right direction or just give me some tips for who to follow that'd be great. Thanks in advance!
Just follow the team account. That's the only source any of our beat writers have anyway.

moretti

Nov 8, 2016
Just follow the team account. That's the only source any of our beat writers have anyway.

Good to know, thanks for the input. I'm already following it but I was looking to fatten the feed, so to speak. But in your opinion then there's nothing really worth to add?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Good to know, thanks for the input. I'm already following it but I was looking to fatten the feed, so to speak. But in your opinion then there's nothing really worth to add?
All the beat writers are a usually bit late to the punch with news. Brooks is the only one who is ahead of the curve.

But in case you're looking for a list of follows (in no particular order):
@NYRStatsInfo - This goes hand-in-hand with the main NYR account.
@BrettCyrgalis - "The other idiot, Brett"
@ColinASteph - Guy who took over for Zipay. Seems 1000x better than Zip
@aborgesNYR - Social media/interviews for the team
@SNYRangers/@AdamRotter (only really need to follow one) - kind of a aggregate of news about the Rangers from a variety of sources
@NYP_Brooksie - Larry Brooks
@HartnettHockey - Sean Hartnett is a good writer and I hoped he would have been picked up by The Athletic
@MatthewBlittner - writers for MSGN
@HFNYRangers - Leslie Treff
@JimCerny - Used to do website content for the team, now covers the metro area with Sporting News
@RickCarpiniello - Our main The Athletic writer
@J_Tasch - Took over for Pat Leonard, has been good.
@MattCalamia - Runs all the articles and whatnot on the official website. Does work with Amanda Borges
@NYRBlueBulletin - Just another beat follow. Nothing too special about them.

Some other personalities with the team:
@JRNYR - Sr. VP of PR for the Rangers
@jaygeemsg - John Giannone. Him and Maloney do Periscope videos pre-game
@KennyAlbert - Not a beat writer, but a decent follow
@VallysView - Valiquette
@DaveMaloneyMSG - Obviously Dave Maloney

Last edited:

moretti

Nov 8, 2016
All the beat writers are a usually bit late to the punch with news. Brooks is the only one who is ahead of the curve.

But in case you're looking for a list of follows (in no particular order):
@NYRStatsInfo - This goes hand-in-hand with the main NYR account.
@BrettCyrgalis - "The other idiot, Brett"
@ColinASteph - Guy who took over for Zipay. Seems 1000x better than Zip
@aborgesNYR - Social media/interviews for the team
@SNYRangers/@AdamRotter (only really need to follow one) - kind of a aggregate of news about the Rangers from a variety of sources
@NYP_Brooksie - Larry Brooks
@HartnettHockey - Sean Hartnett is a good writer and I hoped he would have been picked up by The Athletic
@MatthewBlittner - writers for MSGN
@HFNYRangers - Leslie Treff
@JimCerny - Used to do website content for the team, now covers the metro area with Sporting News
@RickCarpiniello - Our main The Athletic writer
@J_Tasch - Took over for Pat Leonard, has been good.
@MattCalamia - Runs all the articles and whatnot on the official website. Does work with Amanda Borges
@NYRBlueBulletin - Just another beat follow. Nothing too special about them.

Some other personalities with the team:
@JRNYR - Sr. VP of PR for the Rangers
@jaygeemsg - John Giannone. Him and Maloney do Periscope videos pre-game
@KennyAlbert - Not a beat writer, but a decent follow
@VallysView - Valiquette
@DaveMaloneyMSG - Obviously Dave Maloney

This is great, thanks! I'll check them out and see which ones catch my fancy. Much appreciated :nod:

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I'm sure I'm missing a few, since I don't think I follow all the beat writers, but I feel like I can comfortably follow what happens with the team with this list. Obviously, when included with the national guys like McKenzie, Friedman, Rosen, LeBrun, etc., it is a wide net that covers mostly everything.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Oh yes, I forgot @hayyyshayyy writes pieces for The Athletic. Shayna is very good.

Not a beat writer, but her writing is worth a read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->