OT: HFNYR OT Thread: Now Able to Ignore Threads Again

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Are you just upset that you couldn't post outlandish things over there without being called out?
Nope, but i definitely lost a few brain cells reading from the liberal cesspool on the 2 occassions I went over.

Going to be a lot of unhappy posters now they their safe zone is gone.

Reactions: MattMartin

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Join it. I've been trying to send out PMs to those who I remember who enjoyed the discussion.

I am holding off mostly because I am addicted to too many message boards (read: HFBoards) as is. The conversation on HFPoli was pretty good, though I thought the verbal abuse (whether warranted or not) was over the top and detracted from the experience. I know it's difficult to moderate a political message board but flaming and baiting are easy things to eliminate.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I am holding off mostly because I am addicted to too many message boards (read: HFBoards) as is. The conversation on HFPoli was pretty good, though I thought the verbal abuse (whether warranted or not) was over the top and detracted from the experience. I know it's difficult to moderate a political message board but flaming and baiting are easy things to eliminate.

I think it self-policed really well. You had some legitimately fantastic discussions with heated sides that ended in a mutual bit of respect. It’s a shame to lose.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Move on, coordinate with each other through PM about the new politics forum.

Reactions: Ail

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Something is up with the boards today.....posts are disappearing and i'm getting alerts multiple times but when i go to the thread that i just got notified for, that new post doesn't show up.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
They couldn't even handle an unmoderated political board and now they'll have to deal with the HF horde in real time?

I think it'd be something fun for game day and a lot easier to chat sometimes. Well, maybe I will make one for gamedays on a third party site then.

@nyr2k2 I am only 24. I think it was gone before my time here haha

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I think it'd be something fun for game day and a lot easier to chat sometimes. Well, maybe I will make one for gamedays on a third party site then.

@nyr2k2 I am only 24. I think it was gone before my time here haha
Yeah I only vaguely remember it. IIRC it was a totally different thing from HF, you didn't have to use your HF username. It was one of those embedded IRC clients, if I'm remembering right.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
Since like three people have posted on the HFFantasy forum in the last six years, I figured I would give it a shot here.

In my banger fantasy hockey league, I was offered OEL and Draisaitl for Stone and Larkin. I need to add a d-man, but I don't want to lose too much value just to do it (I could always just pick up a d-man on the waiver wire). Is the value there? I was high on Stone/Larkin before the draft (which is why I drafted them obviously), so I don't want to let my bias affect my judgement. Should I do it?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Keeper league? If yes, then don't do it. If no, then it's tough, but I'd still probably keep Stone/Larkin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad