OT: HFNYR OT Thread: Now Able to Ignore Threads Again

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
If anyone can guess when Quinn made that face in my avatar, I will give you three imaginary dollars (Cure pun).

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
A letter from Geff Jorton:

With the Rangers' 2019 draft positions determined, we wanted to reach out to our fans to say that the organization was notably pissed at the Dallas Stars' failure to reach the Western Conference Final. While it is always disappointing to see our friend Matt Zuccarello fall short of his Stanley Cup dream, ours remains bright as ever! Kaapo Kakko, here we come! Also, we think the officiating during this Stanley Cup Playoffs has sucked. We see this as a positive for our organization, however, as those referees cannot screw us if we are not playing and must resort to screwing other teams.

I promise that David and the coaching staff--minus Lindy Ruff (you're welcome)--will continue to do a terrific job in the 2019-2020 season, making Pavel Buchnevich--who is on his way to become an American citizen--play grind-it-out hockey. He has earned tremendous respect in the locker room and throughout the NHL for the team’s ability to lead the league in overtime games. This upcoming season, we can expect David and his staff to finish games out in regulation. (Note that I didn't say "win.") By the way, did you see who the Philadelphia Flyers hired as their new head coach?! I actually called David to tell him the news, and we both snickered. And if that wasn't enough for a first act, look at who the team hired as an assistant coach! I was in Banff, Alberta, Canada, hanging out with Glen on horseback when the news broke, and both of our jaws dropped and we almost fell off our saddles.

By the way, Glen is doing quite well. He sends his regards to Rangerstown.

We will be adding even more young talent throughout what we expect to be a busy NHL Draft Day. I still cannot believe that we have the second overall selection. It's like a dream that I don't want to wake up from. By all accounts, it’s going to be a deep draft, but rest assured that we will not go "off the board." Kaapo Kakko, here we come, wooh! I also want to reiterate that with the assets we’ve acquired since this process started and significant salary cap space, we will be aggressive in exploring every avenue to continue building our team. That means, Chris Kreider, sleep with one eye open, man. We know you can jump out of a swimming pool, but man, that act is old now.

We continue to operate on a business as usual basis until a new President is named (shhh, don't tell Mark that it's not him, ok?), and look forward to the hiring.

We are moving in the right direction, everyone. We have budgeted for skating lessons for Lias Andersson, and a full-time defensive hockey tutor for Neal Pionk, and we will stay consistent with our plan, while exploring all opportunities we think can improve our team.

We appreciate the passion and commitment you bring to Rangerstown, and are dedicated to our long-term plan of creating the foundation for the next Stanley Cup contender.

Well, that's all I have for now, and I must get back to Glen. He just rang that metal triangle thing, meaning it's time for supper. He does make a killer pot of beans, which I love, since I'm from Boston.

Toodles. See you at Draft Day, everyone!

xoxo Geff Jorton​

Last edited:

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
This is a good way to make me never use this site again
SmartSelect_20190511-154939_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: romba and Krams

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
I've been getting this too on Firefox. I do have tracking disabled, and for a good reason. Still it shouldn't block me from reading embedded tweets.

I honestly wouldn't mind if it was just banner ads that made no noise, but the ads here are super invasive.

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
Anyone picked up their fishing license recently?
Yes sir. Been red/black drum, speckled trout and sheephead fishing the last couple of weekends. Going to fish for flounder when some buddies come into town this weekend.

What do you normally fish for?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Yes sir. Been red/black drum, speckled trout and sheephead fishing the last couple of weekends. Going to fish for flounder when some buddies come into town this weekend.

What do you normally fish for?
Damn dude that’s the life! Up here we’re littered with lakes and reservoirs, so it’s usually bass. There’s also usual stuff like trout, smallies, catfish, walleye, big-ass carp if you’re into that. The reservoirs are renowned for muskies but you need a whole other set of gear for those guys. :laugh:

Man do I ever miss surf fishing though.

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
Damn dude that’s the life! Up here we’re littered with lakes and reservoirs, so it’s usually bass. There’s also usual stuff like trout, smallies, catfish, walleye, big-ass carp if you’re into that. The reservoirs are renowned for muskies but you need a whole other set of gear for those guys. :laugh:

Man do I ever miss surf fishing though.
I love bass fishing too. Never been Muskie or really any type of pike fishing. Inshore and Surf fishing have been a blast since moving to the coast.

Do you fly fish?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I love bass fishing too. Never been Muskie or really any type of pike fishing. Inshore and Surf fishing have been a blast since moving to the coast.

Do you fly fish?

Some of my best memories growing up were sitting out on the rocks on the Long Island sound, fishing for Stripers and Bluefish during the summer.
There’s a book that came out around 2001, ‘On the Run’, this journalist in NYC quits his job and follows the striper migration all the way from Maine to the Outer Banks. It’s a fun read. There’s nothing better than a good fishing story.

Striper fishermen are absolute lunatics.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wish I’d seen that earlier.

Might have to plan a visit for that and the Jim Henson exhibit out in Queens.

They are running it till July, you have to go on a weekend when they have the screenings. They don’t have much but if you are in the city for other things, it’s worth a stop by for like an hour.

Hoping they do a big panel for the 35th anniversary at this years Comic Con in NY. I believe Cam Clarke (1987 Leonardo) , Rob Paulsen (1987 Raphael, 2012 Donatello, Yakko Warner, Pinky ) , James Arnold Taylor (TMNT CGI movie Leonardo), Sean Astin (2012 Raphael), so far are attending. If they can get more TMNT voice actors, will be awesome!

Jim Henson exhibit? Sounds cool. Always loved the Muppets. You haven’t lived if you have not seen the Muppet movies, lol. Might have to check that out also.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->