OT: HFNYR OT Thread: Now Able to Ignore Threads Again

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I have Fios. Thinking of switching.

My bill is high after the promos expired but I clipped off some stuff I didn’t need. Got it somewhat manageable.

But the UI on their menus is brutal. Trying to find something on demand is downright awful. They have pictures for every movie or tv show, so it takes forever to scroll.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
After a phone call with their reps, I have gone from paying 95 a month to 160 a month, for the same service I had before the phone call...
Call them again and tell them you're cancelling your service because you can no longer afford their services.

You'll be transferred to the customer retention department. Be firm and tell them you're cancelling effective immediately. You'll get at least 25% off your bill. They tried to increase me bill by $25 a month after I moved. Told them that's not going to fly and that their competitors are offering me a better price. Ended up paying $30 less per month, less than my original rate from when I first signed up.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Why does there need to be one? It will just end up being the mobile version of the site as an app.
It`s fine, I just thought an App would help this forum activity since most fans are on mobile now. :)
I know it`s early August still months away from the training camp. ;)

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I've had both DirectTV (awful) and Comcast cut my bills dramatically by calling, asking to speak with someone in customer retention, and then telling them I could no longer afford to pay for the product. I usually tell them something like I lost my job or my wife took a pay cut through a reduction in force or something as well. f***ed up, I know, but I have lost my job before (January 2017) so I feel like I can use that. LOL. I once had Comcast go from 180 to 140 while also increasing my internet speed tier (temporarily but not on some promotion, so I didn't have to worry about my rate increasing in six months or whatever).

This was all after my contract expired. If you're still in your contract, you basically have no leverage. You can still probably get them to knock it down by being adamant you'll leave and pay the early termination, but it's not as simple.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
From what I understand, the change is temporary and things will return to normal shortly.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Alonso leaves F1. Not surprised, just disappointed. Perhaps the greatest ever (it either him or Clark in my book) leaves while still at the top of his game.

I still don't understand why Ferrari didn't bring him back to get a proper evaluation of Vettel, who has been making av very good case these past two seasons of not being up to snuff as designated #1 driver in a top team. I spent a week in Italy this summer and the Italians sure didn't seem to share the Ferrari management's faith in him either.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Did you ever live in a condo? I bought one last year, first home purchase. Just like everything, it has its pros and cons, but was curious to see how you compare a house to a condo / townhome (if you can relate).
I've been considering buying a condo because I know a home is going to be too much of an endeavor for me. You own one?

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Yeah I feel it. I was not interested especially after we were dragged to some crappy club. "Clubs" are overrated. Nothing is a club in them. You pay MSG prices for bad food and warm beer. The problem was that this person was mad at me because I was a little put off that she let her friend (a few steps short of a bully, really) hardwire that in, abandon everyone and leaves people outside. I was never a club person anyhow- I am 23. The only real issue is that the person I went for. We've been going out but around this stupid girl she turns into a quiet pushover. She is mad cause she thinks I don't like her anymore, etc. Like it's all that person does-the first time I met her friend she was like "So you don't go out every night?" No... I play hockey, work a career and have other interests.

SO rock and a hard place right now but it'll pass. I don't really intend on being their friends except for 1 guy who left too, who is also a huge hockey fan.

Also @sabremike, never been there! My usual hangout is Gypsy Parlor on Grant.

What's in like living up there? I've only ever known living in Northern Jersey where I can reach a mountain, beach, or plain in less than an hour of driving in any direction.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Did we lose the ability to click "Displayed ignored posts" after the last post in each thread? I haven't seen it today.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Did we lose the ability to click "Displayed ignored posts" after the last post in each thread? I haven't seen it today.
I think so? It seems that they have a thing now at the top to view users and select whose post you don’t want to view.

Idk why they keep changing things. It was working so well after the transfer with the larger threads and new ignore function.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
What's in like living up there? I've only ever known living in Northern Jersey where I can reach a mountain, beach, or plain in less than an hour of driving in any direction.
It's nice. I live about 20 mins from Buffalo proper. Lake is good fun to sail on and parasail. Its about the same here with slightly more time to get to the mountains. It really is a misconception that there is nothing here.

Not for those who do not like the cold though. Frequently drops below 0. Winters are very active here. Both weather and event wise though.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Depends on what you want. Personally, I would go back in a heartbeat. Depending on your career, it might be somewhat tough up there compared to the NYC area.

I really enjoyed my time in Buffalo. Its much slower paced than NY, but you can still find pretty much anything you could want there.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Is the notification bar loading weirdly on this forum for anyone else? It's not a big deal since everything still works fine, but it looks bad from an aesthetic standpoint.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad