PMing
@calder candidate

Last edited:

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
upload_2020-5-21_16-6-41.png

With #99 pick in the 2020 NHL draft the New Jersey Devils are proud to select, from the Drummondville Voltigeurs of the QMJHL.
D Thimo Nickl 6’2” 161lbs

upload_2020-5-21_16-4-41.png

I think I have to go with a D after 3 forward in the first round (Kinda forgot about not having any 2nd and 3rd round picks…
Underrated Austrian import who has continued to improve his entire rookie season, confident as he now has taken over running the Drummondville power play with Dawson Mercer’s departure. Tall with room for growth, he has good feet, showing mobility and agility. His shot continues to get better and on the defensive side he uses his reach, stick and feet to thwart opposing attackers. Not flashy just effective in his outlets and overall demeanor.

#6 LW Lucas Raymond 5’10” 168lbs
#10 C Anton Lundell 6’2” 181lbs
#17 RW Dawson Mercer 6’ 171lbs
#99 D Thimo Nickl 6’2” 161lbs

@MrNasty you are on the clock for BUF, he as been PM

Reactions: Habs76

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
The Buffalo Sabres draft Daemon Hunt of the Moose Jaw Warriors with pick #100

Much like second round pick, Barron; Daemon Hunt missed a good portion of the season due to injury after missing 3 months due to a laceration to his forearm. Hunt has both the skills and the mental toughness to make the NHL. He plays the game very fast and can maneuver the ice with ease to defend and take time and space away from the opposition. He is a very reliable player with high hockey I.Q.

Hunt.Daemon-1024x576.jpg

8) Cole Perfetti, LW
38) Justin Barron, RD
100) Daemon Hunt, LD

Next up is Montreal (again) @TT1

Reactions: calder candidate

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
:habs

MTL
selects Samuel Knazko!

samuel_knazko_tps.jpg

(8): Alexander Holtz
(39): Marat Khusnutdinov
(40): Martin Chromiak
(61): Daniil Gushchin
(70): Mitchell Miller
(89): Brandon Coe
(98): Samuel Knazko

PMing
@calder candidate
This is shaping up to be a very good crop for your version of the Habs. IRL the local media would absolutely hate it though since they wouldn't recognize any of the names :laugh: ! Then again, how much junior hockey do the tv ''hockey experts'' actually watch?

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
:habs

MTL selects Samuel Hlavaj

31-hlavaj,-samuel-(22)-ep.jpg

1 (8): Alexander Holtz
(39): Marat Khusnutdinov
(40): Martin Chromiak
(61): Daniil Gushchin
(70): Mitchell Miller
(89): Brandon Coe
(98): Samuel Knazko
(101): Samuel Hlavaj

PMing
@L4br3cqu3
I love this pick ! I really hope Habs will draft him, he’s really solid

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
yea our goalie pool is solid but good talent is good talent

it’s not that solid except Primeau.. We don’t have depth in it and Hlavaj could become at least a really solid backup for Primeau, that would be a better formula then trying to go with not good goalies like Kinkaid/Condon/Tokarski/Lindgren

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Best goalie in the Q last season in my minds

I know you shouldn't take much stock into the WJCs, but he flashed enough as a draft eligible to be selected.. and his numbers in the USHL weren't all that far off Primeau's when he was taken in the 7th round.

Not surprised at all he had the season he did this year and he should be picked.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I know you shouldn't take much stock into the WJCs, but he flashed enough as a draft eligible to be selected.. and his numbers in the USHL weren't all that far off Primeau's when he was taken in the 7th round.

Not surprised at all he had the season he did this year and he should be picked.

To be honest I didn’t know him last year but this year, I really like what I saw from him each game I saw him. He had a really big impact on Sherbrooke and he has the size that you want from a goalie

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
:hawks picks, from the Kingston Frontenacs in the OHL, C Zayde Wisdom.

Zayde-Wisdom-Kingston-Frontenacs.jpg

"High-energy forward that likes to play physical and create havoc in the opposing zone, by his constant puck hounding and forechecking and because he can read the plays pretty well. Good skater for the OHL but will need some work on his first steps if he wants to go further, good balance otherwise. Very nice shot, deceiving wrister. Often steals pucks from opposing defenders and create his own offensive chances. Real problem in his case is his game-to-game consistency, some games he just isn't interested and is invisible, others he's a real bugger for the opposing teams, just by disrupting their game plans. Also, there's the fact that he played a lot with phenom Shane Wright this season, being mostly his 'enforcer', so it remains to be seen if he's legit or a 'product of'. Not top-line potential, but could be a mix of Ryan Callahan and Kyle Clifford if everything goes right."

Last edited:
Reactions: Carl182

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
:coyotes:coyotes:coyotes

With the 103rd pick, the Arizona Coyotes are pleased to select forward Tyler Tullio of the Oshawa Generals.

S_Z_TyTullio_Gens___Super_Portrait.jpg

Really skilled player that is poised for a big offensive breakout next year. A bit on the smaller side but we see a lot of Cam Atkinson in him. Tenacious and in your face with a very high motor.
Someone please PM next GM.

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
:rangersselect, Theo Rochette.

PICKS
13. Jack Quinn, RW
23. Connor Zary, C
75. Alex Cotton, RD
84. Tyler Kleven, LD
106. Theo Rochette, C