HFHabs 2020 Mock Draft - Completed

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
With the 80th pick, the LA Kings select from University of Connecticut...defenseman Yan Kuznetsov.

upload_2020-5-19_14-31-44.jpeg

Yan is a 6ft4 defensive blue liner who came to NorthAmerica from Russia two years ago. Yan was the youngest player in the entire NCAA this past season and surprised with his offense by chipping in 11 points. He's an average skater but plays a terrific defensive game and has a cannon shot. He has represented Russia in numerous international tournaments.

LA Kings picks:
#4 (1) - Jamie Drysdale - RD - Canada
#35 (2) - Eemil Viro - LD - Finland
#48 (2) - Emil Andrae - LD - Sweden
#55 (2) - Jaromir Pytlick - C- Czech Republic
#66 (3) - Ty Smilanic - C- USA
#80 (3) - Yan Kuznetsov - LD - Russia

I PM'd @zaluty

Last edited:

OriginalCanadian

May 13, 2015
The Hammer
With our first pick of the draft (finally) the New York Islanders select from the Spokane Chiefs... Jack Finley (C)

2018_10_27_051-e1540856626409-1024x577.jpg

We decided to go with some NHL bloodlines with our first pick. Jack's father Jeff was an ex-Islander who played over 700 games in the NHL. Jack is one of the youngest players available in this year's draft, we also see a very projectable frame from this young man as he's already 6'5" and 207lbs. He has shown us a good two-way approach to the game, as he easily causes havoc in front of the opposing netminder but also provides a good stick presence on the back check. One of the more surprising parts of his repertoire is his skating, for being such a large man we were impressed by his edgework, he does need some improvement on his overall acceleration however.

NYI Draft:
82: Jack Finley (C) 6'5" 207lbs Spokane WHL

PMing @Hope Of Glory

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
With our first pick of the draft (finally) the New York Islanders select from the Spokane Chiefs... Jack Finley (C)

2018_10_27_051-e1540856626409-1024x577.jpg

We decided to go with some NHL bloodlines with our first pick. Jack's father Jeff was an ex-Islander who played over 700 games in the NHL. Jack is one of the youngest players available in this year's draft, we also see a very projectable frame from this young man as he's already 6'5" and 207lbs. He has shown us a good two-way approach to the game, as he easily causes havoc in front of the opposing netminder but also provides a good stick presence on the back check. One of the more surprising parts of his repertoire is his skating, for being such a large man we were impressed by his edgework, he does need some improvement on his overall acceleration however.

NYI Draft:
82: Jack Finley (C) 6'5" 207lbs Spokane WHL

PMing @Hope Of Glory

Damn, and I thought he was already drafted, would've took him with one of my picks... kid sure is intriguing as hell ! (and I hope Timmins and co also are intrigued)

Reactions: OriginalCanadian

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
I like Kuznetsov around here. I'm always intrigued by the younger guys in their league and feel like he could have safe/steady #4 potential which is solid value at this point in the draft, albeit not being sexy. Good pick @Schooner Guy , that's quite the D overhaul you're doing for the Kings!

Reactions: Schooner Guy

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Damn, and I thought he was already drafted, would've took him with one of my picks... kid sure is intriguing as hell ! (and I hope Timmins and co also are intrigued)

My biggest fear each time I pick is that I'll take someone who was already drafted much earlier. :eek:

I like Kuznetsov around here. I'm always intrigued by the younger guys in their league and feel like he could have safe/steady #4 potential which is solid value at this point in the draft, albeit not being sexy. Good pick @Schooner Guy , that's quite the D overhaul you're doing for the Kings!

Thanks @yoteshot ! Kings also have Tobias Bjornfot about to snag a D spot on the big club's lineup for good. I've been just going with best player available on my list. I actually thought I was getting Groshev at 80 but he went two picks earlier.

OB5

May 2, 2015
Carolina selects Brock Faber!

A player with no weakness, he a six footer whose weight weight is a good 200 pounds. Remarkably strong but doesn’t display any standout characteristic that could be call dynamic or game changing. Is not an offensive player, just a player whose proficient on the defensive side. Calm, steady reliable and more than able to knock good sized attackers off their skates and the puck. Lets most carries be handled by his partner and his touches are mistake-free ones within his toolboxes comfort zone. Does make safe pass out in transition, to his partner and in the attack zone, but keeps it simple. If he doesn’t see a developing play in the attack, he just puts it on net hoping for tip ins. Like most players in the prodigious United States program, they come well school with the possibility of upside as development goes on. Committed to Notre Dame University.

@CapSpace up

Carl182

Mar 31, 2019
If I'm not mistaken, it would be my turn with Pittsburg? Didn't get a PM with the change of management!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad