HFDevils Official ‘20-21 Tickets and Prudential Center Thread (tickets are nontransferable in 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
With history as a guide, you will renew for next season.

I see these comments in this thread all the time.

It makes no financial sense being a STH. I'm sick of the Devils undercutting the value of my ST. You can "do better" just buying your tickets on the secondary market (Stubhub, etc...). The Devils pizzed me off for the last time when they (paper tickets, failed at XYZ, insert reason here ____). In almost all these situations, the person later renews. It's like a financial form of Stockholm Syndrome. Occasionally someone does manage to break away from the abusive relationship (I think @indfin finally didnt renew last year, right?), but I find it relatively rare.

Nah, the only way I’m even *entertaining* renewing is if they’re in a top three spot in February, and I’m not budging on that, so basically, I’m gone. (Actually, I was gone regardless.)

Having season tickets was cool and fun, something I did while I was in my mid-20s and living at home with no real responsibilities other than going to work, but things are starting to change with me being in grad school, in a pretty serious relationship, and eyes set a bit more towards the future.

My Seton Hall Basketball season tickets, however, I’m keeping forever. Aside from having the connection to the school, it’s just the better value at Prudential Center.

Last edited:

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
I doubt they’ll refund you if you don’t renew. Why should they? The terms of the program are clear and if you’re not renewing they have all the less incentive to make you happy.

Oh, jeez, I’m familiar with the terms, I just was wondering if anyone had success maybe finagling the buy back credit towards a single game ticket purchase or towards a 10-game plan or something. Didn’t mean to start a scandal.

Reactions: Colin226

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
RETROACTIVE EDIT:

My posts here are so knee-jerk and cringey. I'm just a victim of Devils STH Stockholm Syndrome, as mentioned by BG. I'd say my likelihood of renewing is somewhere in the region of 30%, particularly after consulting with my retired dad who's my de facto financial advisor.

If we somehow do well the rest of the way and things start looking up, like I said, I'll *entertain* renewing, but then again, I don't know what life will throw at me. :dunno:

I think I'd need a raise at work though.

Last edited:

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Selling 2 tix for tomorrow vs NYR. Section 101 - row 4 - seats 11 + 12 (two in from the aisle). PM me an offer.

I’m supposed to be flying in from Orlando but it’s looking like weather delays will make that tough.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
If anyone has a cheap single available for Saturday that would be mint. Would like to go and meet up with my friend at the game to get his SoundTigers ticket for that night (he's going to Flyers that night). Would rather not pay $30+ to get in for a game that isn't exactly an appealing matchup.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Nah, the only way I’m even *entertaining* renewing is if they’re in a top three spot in February, and I’m not budging on that, so basically, I’m gone. (Actually, I was gone regardless.)

Having season tickets was cool and fun, something I did while I was in my mid-20s and living at home with no real responsibilities other than going to work, but things are starting to change with me being in grad school, in a pretty serious relationship, and eyes set a bit more towards the future.

My Seton Hall Basketball season tickets, however, I’m keeping forever. Aside from having the connection to the school, it’s just the better value at Prudential Center.

yeah, I figured. Oh, well, good thing I only used two on the lowest price tier.

Oh, jeez, I’m familiar with the terms, I just was wondering if anyone had success maybe finagling the buy back credit towards a single game ticket purchase or towards a 10-game plan or something. Didn’t mean to start a scandal.

RETROACTIVE EDIT:

My posts here are so knee-jerk and cringey. I'm just a victim of Devils STH Stockholm Syndrome, as mentioned by BG. I'd say my likelihood of renewing is somewhere in the region of 30%, particularly after consulting with my retired dad who's my de facto financial advisor.

If we somehow do well the rest of the way and things start looking up, like I said, I'll *entertain* renewing, but then again, I don't know what life will throw at me. :dunno:

I think I'd need a raise at work though.

Who's this guy? He seems unstable.

Anyway, the arena is going to be a morgue tomorrow. So much first-hand inventory available, it's hilarious.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Who's this guy? He seems unstable.

Anyway, the arena is going to be a morgue tomorrow. So much first-hand inventory available, it's hilarious.

Ya think? I just got an offer for a free ticket redemption lol

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
So they changed the coat drive minimum from 1 coat to 2. Absolutely stupid. I really don't get this team sometimes. They had a 2 can minimum last year, lowered from a 10 can minimum in past years yet somehow 2 coats which can actually be quite expensive somehow equals the same amount of cans of food that equate to like $5. Ridiculous.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
Listening to Friedman's 31 Thoughts podcast from earlier this month and he mentioned under Lou how the Devils were among the lowest in the league in the amount of comps given out. Under this ownership group they're near the top of the league in the amount of comps that are distributed.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
Listening to Friedman's 31 Thoughts podcast from earlier this month and he mentioned under Lou how the Devils were among the lowest in the league in the amount of comps given out. Under this ownership group they're near the top of the league in the amount of comps that are distributed.

Vanderbeek part 2. Not surprising considering how last year and this year have gone. Who would pay face value plus fees for this product?

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Under this ownership group they're near the top of the league in the amount of comps that are distributed.

I went to a bunch of games for free last year, something like 5 or 6. Another 2 or 3 I dont think I ever paid more than $30 a seat tops using the "SH plan", and some were LL too.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong but I just don't remember receiving free vouchers for the drives when Lou/Vanderbeek were here. Those alone have to be thousands of free comps and would be why are near the top of the league.

That being said the building has tons of empty sections anyway so I'm all for giving out free tickets if it means they collect more coats, food and toys for all the drives.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ

Where does he get numbers of comp seats vs paid? I've never seen that data anywhere..

One tidbit I do remember is that in 2010, after we lost an early season game to Buffalo because the puck slipped off Kovy's stick in the shootout (yes, you ALL remember that) the next game we played the Oilers and anyone who wanted to could get up to 8 seats for free. I took a whole bunch of my fraternity brothers and the Devils beat the Oilers on a Kovy OT goal. 8 seats in section 120 for free.... that said, the arena was packed for that game.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
There were definitely a lot of comps that season. It's easier to not have comps when the team's winning though, the way we were for most of Lou's tenure and the Isles are now (plus the Isles have smaller arenas than we do anyway).

indfin

Jan 4, 2010

I was working with the Devils on their arena plans, and in multiple meetings Lou would mention that "you can't sell what you're giving away".

Yes, it's easier to say that when you have a good product to sell, but I think that Devils fans (especially the younger ones) have been conditioned to expect deep discounts/free tickets.

It's going to take time (and on-ice success to drum up demand) to get people out of that mindset ... and this season is certainly not a step in the right direction.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
I was working with the Devils on their arena plans, and in multiple meetings Lou would mention that "you can't sell what you're giving away".

Yes, it's easier to say that when you have a good product to sell, but I think that Devils fans (especially the younger ones) have been conditioned to expect deep discounts/free tickets.

It's going to take time (and on-ice success to drum up demand) to get people out of that mindset ... and this season is certainly not a step in the right direction.

Friedman mentioned how Lou wanted to protect STH. He felt if a STH was paying $50 the guy next to him shouldn’t be paying zero.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I actually don't think it will take much time at all. Once the team is competitive and exciting, paying fans will start snapping up tickets and all the comps, college rush, super cheap tickets on stub hub etc. will dry up.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I actually don't think it will take much time at all. Once the team is competitive and exciting, paying fans will start snapping up tickets and all the comps, college rush, super cheap tickets on stub hub etc. will dry up.

Not at the rate we are going since we are going to miss the playoffs for the 7th time in the past 8 seasons.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Looks like it will be a good crowd for tonight. Hopefully the team sends everyone home happy, except for those Flyers fans. :devdance:

Reactions: mtnet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad