HFCanucks Mock Draft Updated [Completed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
Interesting, Nantel was the next BPA according to CSS.

Good size/weight; nice writeups.

Also interesting is that he went 138th on the Hab's Mock Draft. Might be an option for our 5th.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Interesting, Nantel was the next BPA according to CSS.

Good size/weight; nice writeups.

Also interesting is that he went 138th on the Hab's Mock Draft. Might be an option for our 5th.

I saw that mock. It had Perron at #65, Nantel way down at #138, but I think they could be flipped.

Perron's frame and strength could hold him back, while the room to improve offensively is well within Nantel's grasp. This is why I think CSS has Nantel 19 spots ahead of Perron. Nantel's 'other' traits just project better. Edit: Interesting, Nantel outscored Perron at ES by 1 point.

The other guy that slipped past was Daniel Audette. Plus PPG player on perhaps the weakest team in the Q. Considered him as well. Think he will go in the 3rd round this year.

Last edited:

arsmaster*

My two 3 round mocks:

11. Fabbri went 21. -10
26. Pastrnak went 25. +1
33. deangelo went 19. +14
42. Hawryluk went 32. +10
46. Petterson went 38. +8
58. Poganski went 110. -52 (but St. Louis took him so I should get a bonus point).
72. amadio went 90. -18
87. Macdonald went 34. +53

Liked it before. Like it even more now. Poganski was a reach but I had read two articles on him prior. Liked what they said.

Ventana*

Nikolay Goldobin - High skilled Russian RW that is shifty and can shoot the puck, will put up a lot of points. Needs to work on defensive game, but will most likely succeed as a scoring top 6 forward at the NHL level.

Nhl Comparable - Alexei Kovalev

Anton Karlsson - Swedish bull of a forward with soft hands, great checking ability and a high IQ, can pass the puck well and looks to project as a solid 3rd liner, possible 2nd liner in the NHL, depending on how he develops his offensive game.

Nhl Comparable: Alex Burrows

Alex Nedeljkovic - Smaller goalie but has excellent positioning, quickness, and athletic ability. Proven to be clutch in pressure situations.

Nhl Comparable: Jhonas Enroth

Chase De Leo - A player on the smaller end at 5'10, but very quick and skilled with the puck. Plays solid defensive hockey when needed, and has a strong IQ.

Nhl Comparable: Tyler Ennis

Ryan Collins: Huge, 6'5, 200 pound shut down d-man who plays a simple but effective and calm game with a long reach, is a beast in front of the net and along the corners, can play physical and throw a hit without getting out of position, and can take a hit to make a play.

NHL Comparable:

Willie Mitchell

Shane Eiserman - Big Power Forward type player, skilled but plays with grit and tenacity, decent IQ. He is no slouch in his skating ability, and makes defender's jobs tough, often beating them wide. Project but could become a great player if he becomes more consistent and learns how to adapt to the NHL game.

NHL Comparable: Jordan Staal

Think I got some pretty good value with my picks, considering where these guys went compared to where I picked them. Happy with this draft on positioning for me. Only guy I would have changed is Karlsson, but he's decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad