GDT: HFBoards GDT | 4/29/21 |The other guy gave you 7 games yesterday .... i give you more !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Habs should hit 55-57 points. Flames need 9-10 points in 7 games if they win tonight. Not likely.

I hope the Flames make it as they would give the Leafs some trouble.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Man, Draisaitl almost played 30 minutes tonight. Wtf is Tippet doing? Burn him out trying to lock up 2nd in the division? Home ice certainly means much less this year considering no fans, etc.

What a donkey.

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
Oilers looked like a bona-fide playoff team tonight!

B2qhdY1.gif

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Man, Draisaitl almost played 30 minutes tonight. Wtf is Tippet doing? Burn him out trying to lock up 2nd in the division? Home ice certainly means much less this year considering no fans, etc.

What a donkey.

Especially when this is 3 games in 4 nights including back to back with travel for this game.

No need to play him that much. This game has no real impact on the standings or the impending 1st round matchup with the Jets.

King K Rool

Big Bad
Mar 5, 2020
Edmonton
Flames are gonna make playoffs

Got me thinking anyways. Flames are only 4 points behind MTL now. Not sure what each teams schedule looks like but the Habs have 8 games remaining and the Flames 7 (I know the Habs have two left vs EDM)

If they finished tied in points, they both have 19 regulation wins which is the first tiebreaker, so they would then move to ROW which is 21/20 for CGY after their W tonight.

At least make it interesting. The East is so boring knowing the Rangers (who would be 3rd in the North) don't have a chance.

Last edited:

11Messier

Jul 3, 2010
Edmonton
Before the playoff run for the Oilers, McDavid was NINE when the Oilers last played a playoff game. That's brutal.

First round exits are rough and a speciality of the Flames, but it's a lot more fun to cheer for teams like that than the decade + of the hockey the Oilers played.

Do you really want to talk about the history of our franchises? Why are you stopping at a decade? Lets start from the beginning and see which fan base had more fun. You won the game tonight playing a team that played 3 games in 4 nights and that has much less meaning to them than the flames. Enjoy. Hopefully you climb up the standings to come short and again lose out on the draft because "its a lot more fun" for you that way.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Got me thinking anyways. Flames are only 4 points behind MTL now. Not sure what each teams schedule looks like but the Habs and Flames both have 8 games remaining (I know the Habs have two left vs EDM)

If they finished tied in points, they both have 19 regulation wins which is the first tiebreaker, so they would then move to ROW which is 21/20 for CGY after their W tonight.

At least make it interesting. The East is so boring knowing the Rangers (who would be 3rd in the North) don't have a chance.

The Rangers would be 1st in the north

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
Do you really want to talk about the history of our franchises? Why are you stopping at a decade? Lets start from the beginning and see which fan base had more fun. You won the game tonight playing a team that played 3 games in 4 nights and that has much less meaning to them than the flames. Enjoy. Hopefully you climb up the standings to come short and again lose out on the draft because "its a lot more fun" for you that way.

I'm not old enough to comment on the 80's, my condolences if you are.

Arhidia

Jan 6, 2019
Got me thinking anyways. Flames are only 4 points behind MTL now. Not sure what each teams schedule looks like but the Habs and Flames both have 8 games remaining (I know the Habs have two left vs EDM)
Ooof
I

Ooof just noticed
The rangers will probably end up with more
Points than all 4th place finishers in each
Division except their own.
Unique times
Unique rules
Cant wait for this silly season to be over
And we can go back to Normal times

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Flames are gonna make playoffs

Which would be the worse long-term thing since they'd be stuck with their GM, this stagnant core is growing rotten, and we don't know about Gaudreau's future.

The NHL is about speed and CGY is basically going the opposite.

11Messier

Jul 3, 2010
Edmonton
I'm not old enough to comment on the 80's, my condolences if you are.
Ahh. I see another one of those people that think the world revolves around them (If I wasn't alive, it didn't happen). Now I understand why you don't know what good hockey is. You were stuck in the era of flames mediocrity (not successful, no good draft picks). Yah I feel bad for you young ones that think "its a lot more fun" to watch that. The problem for you is the signs are showing the flames are going down hill for the next 10 years so yah enjoy as much of this mediocrity as you can.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Which would be the worse long-term thing since they'd be stuck with their GM, this stagnant core is growing rotten, and we don't know about Gaudreau's future.

The NHL is about speed and CGY is basically going the opposite.

Both for Montreal and Calgary it would be the worst thing.
I want MTL to make, since it tacitally says Bergevin can stay (maybe extended)

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
Ahh. I see another one of those people that think the world revolves around them (If I wasn't alive, it didn't happen). Now I understand why you don't know what good hockey is. You were stuck in the era of flames mediocrity (not successful, no good draft picks). Yah I feel bad for you young ones that think "its a lot more fun" to watch that. The problem for you is the signs are showing the flames are going down hill for the next 10 years so yah enjoy as much of this mediocrity as you can.

Something something glass houses.

Sure, Oilers have McDavid and Draisaitl, but they are still a very mediocre team. You get to watch two fun players every night. How much Playoff hockey have Edmonton fans enjoyed in the last decade? Or even after drafting McDavid and Draisaitl? Flames also made it to round 2, but also had more playoff appearances. Sure, they got bounced the other times, but at least there was some fun. I agree, however, that it has been mediocre. Just scratching my head here trying to figure out how the Oilers aren't. Would you be surprised if they get bounced in round 1? I wouldn't be putting my money down on them, that's for sure. Maybe they get through Winnipeg.... maybe. It seems like Toronto just shuts them down. I can imagine the excitement of getting these high picks. Tell me, how does it feel when you realize your team hasn't ever been good yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad