GDT: HFBoards GDT | 4/29/21 |The other guy gave you 7 games yesterday .... i give you more !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

11Messier

Jul 3, 2010
Edmonton
Something something glass houses.

Sure, Oilers have McDavid and Draisaitl, but they are still a very mediocre team. You get to watch two fun players every night. How much Playoff hockey have Edmonton fans enjoyed in the last decade? Or even after drafting McDavid and Draisaitl? Flames also made it to round 2, but also had more playoff appearances. Sure, they got bounced the other times, but at least there was some fun. I agree, however, that it has been mediocre. Just scratching my head here trying to figure out how the Oilers aren't. Would you be surprised if they get bounced in round 1? I wouldn't be putting my money down on them, that's for sure. Maybe they get through Winnipeg.... maybe. It seems like Toronto just shuts them down. I can imagine the excitement of getting these high picks. Tell me, how does it feel when you realize your team hasn't ever been good yet?

The glass house thing is completely right. I am not the one gloating or cherry picking a specific time frame stating "it is more fun" being a flames fan over an Oilers fan. You have to talk to your young flames buddy over there to stop throwing rocks in our glass houses. I completely agree that neither team has anything to gloat about recently but when it comes to "more fun". I would rather suck really bad for a few years to gear up and have a good shot at winning the cup than being stuck at mediocrity for an eternity. That is completely subjective though. Some may argue that that they would rather not go through suckage (because trust me, its not very fun) and enjoy winning some regular season games but then never have a good shot at the cup. If that's what you find more fun, have at it and enjoy.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Habs should hit 55-57 points. Flames need 9-10 points in 7 games if they win tonight. Not likely.

I hope the Flames make it as they would give the Leafs some trouble.

I don't think the Leafs are worried about their first round opponent either way. Just need to play the way they've been playing for much of the year (hopefully with a PP resembling the first two months more than the last two months) and get better than basement-level goaltending, which is what we've been receiving from Campbell for much of this year, then we should be fine even if we hit a hot Price/Allen/Markstrom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad