GDT: HFBoards GDT | 4/26/21 - 0 Games... That Vegas is Involved in today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakedYams

Jan 14, 2017
The worst part about these blowout games for the Oilers is that it usually means McDavid and Draisatl get benched for most of the 3rd period, playing only a few shifts. Multiple times this season. If Connor doesn't hit 100, that's why. For the record, I agree with the benching.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
If only Mcdavid played Ottawa and Winnipeg more, he cant handle the other mega talented teams like Montreal.

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
Nope.

19 bro lol

What a beat down, holy shit that was gorgeous. As if there was ever a debate before the season who the best player in world is.

Just a transcendent talent, man does he make watching hockey so enjoyable.

6-1

No other way to describe him!

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
all i know is that goal was ALPHA as f***

he got a breakaway and the entire TIME he's staring straight at the goalie, never at the puck... like he was staring him DOWN.

imagine being a goalie and seeing that.

First he looked back to make sure no one was gonna catch him, then he turned his attention to Helleybuck. Between his skating and how quickly he processes the game, it looks like everyone else is operating at half speed.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
No other way to describe him!

I’ve been pushing The Transcendent One as his nickname for awhile.

Generational doesn’t suit just how good he is when every few years we have a new “generational” talent being labelled.

Reactions: Petrus

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Not to take away anything from McDavid's performance, because it is fantastic, but Winnipeg's forwards are essentially gifting him free goals. The high forward/F3 is consistently below the puck, and McDavid has tons of time+space to do whatever he wants. The second goal there are three Jets forwards nowhere near McDavid:

upload_2021-4-26_22-41-6.png

upload_2021-4-26_22-40-32.png

All three Jets forwards are behind the net and nobody is providing any support.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I know it's early... but I don't care for Kulikov. He's fine defensively but can't make a breakout pass (unlike Bear/Jones/Barrie/Bouchard/etc). Basically a less physical Larsson. Devils fans seem to like him and probably should re-sign him.

You may not like Larsson, but honestly if he's another Larsson that will make me super happy. And I don't think there'sany indication that Kulikov is any less physical than Larsson. That pairing is going to be a nightmare for opposing forwards in the playoffs imo.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Not to take away anything from McDavid's performance, because it is fantastic, but Winnipeg's forwards are essentially gifting him free goals. The high forward/F3 is consistently below the puck, and McDavid has tons of time+space to do whatever he wants. The second goal there are three Jets forwards nowhere near McDavid:

View attachment 426689

View attachment 426688

All three Jets forwards are behind the net and nobody is providing any support.
Yeah, they are cheating since they are back by so many lol

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Winnipeg should watch the Oilers vs Leafs games from this year to learn how to contain McDavid.
Montreal and them double team him and it does help lower his totals. That's where others need to step up. Also helps when the ref calls zero penalties in a few of the games.

Your tears are delicious as well :)

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Montreal and them double team him and it does help lower his totals. That's where others need to step up. Also helps when the ref calls zero penalties in a few of the games.

Your tears are delicious as well :)

This isn't entirely correct:

The Leafs use the high forward really well to provide support.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
McDavid finally passed Matthews in the running for the Hart Trophy with this game. Chris Johnston trying to come up with a new way to discredit McDavid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad