GDT: HFBoards GDT | 3/20/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Honest question, when was the last time a presidents trophy winner/one of the best regular season teams in xx years won the cup?
:D

What’s their record in recent years?

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
Caps fans have no reason to be bitter, because.. you know... "The Cup."

Tampa dominated for ten minutes in that game... the rest of time they were utterly outclassed.

I have eyes.

I know what I saw.

Did Tampa play yesterday?

The Caps did.

It might just help that the caps couldn't connect on pp. Tampa plays Carolina tomorrow btw for everyone not knowing

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Honest question, when was the last time a presidents trophy winner/one of the best regular season teams in xx years won the cup?
:D

What’s their record in recent years?
Hawks in 2012-2013. I think this Tampa team is better.

BoltsFanPinellasPark

Apr 18, 2018
I think you are cherry picking here. Almost all Caps fans acknowledge Tampa is by far the best team this year, and one of the best in the past 20 years. But if they do not win the cup this year none of that will matter. Caps fans can definitely empathize with this feeling. The problem is, there is nothing Tampa can do the rest of the regular season to silence the haters. I remember that feeling of just wanting the playoffs to start because the regular season meant nothing.
Where you are wrong is that every time the Bolts put skate to ice it means something. For them and their fans. Bolts are definitely NOT the sad caps that finally won one, nor are their stars all 22 of them 'deserving' of anything. These guys fight for every win like its the last time they will ever play hockey. That is just something worth cheering for no matter who you are.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I agree completely. Truthfully, Washington is the only team I don't want to see in the playoffs. Everyone else (...maybe except for NYI) is whatever to me.

To me, Washington and Tampa are a coin flip from game to game. I think goaltending is going to be the key to the series were they to meet, like it seems to always be in the playoffs.

I think they are pretty evenly matched. As you said coin flip for sure.

I give the edge in tending to the Bolts and the PP a 60/40 edge to the Bolts, the Capitals PP can get hot though for sure. Capitals had been doing a great job PK'ing until tonight. :(

Nice

Jan 26, 2016
Would love another matchup in the playoffs, it'd be a fun series. Anything past the second round and I'm pleased :nod:

Reactions: CupsOverCash

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I think they are pretty evenly matched. As you said coin flip for sure.

I give the edge in tending to the Bolts and the PP a 60/40 edge to the Bolts, the Capitals PP can get hot though for sure. Capitals had been doing a great job PK'ing until tonight. :(
Honestly the thing that scares me about Washington is the motor. If you didn't know, you'd never guess which of those teams was in the second half of a back to back.

It's not the physical play, it's the non stop drive. That's dangerous on a team that also has the skill that Washington does

Reactions: NatoGhost

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Honestly the thing that scares me about Washington is the motor. If you didn't know, you'd never guess which of those teams was in the second half of a back to back.

It's not the physical play, it's the non stop drive. That's dangerous on a team that also has the skill that Washington does

Did not expect that effort for sure. That being said the Bolts have NOTHING to play for and they still "won". Caps are playing for the division. Great showing by both teams for sure.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Would love another matchup in the playoffs, it'd be a fun series. Anything past the second round and I'm pleased :nod:

Sign me up as well. In the ECF, I'll take either you or the Pens, really. Either trying to get even for 2016 or 2018. Hopefully that happens and we finish the deal from there.

Reactions: DaBolts

BoltsFanPinellasPark

Apr 18, 2018
Did not expect that effort for sure. That being said the Bolts have NOTHING to play for and they still "won". Caps are playing for the division. Great showing by both teams for sure.

Bolts have EVERYTHING to play for though! This is how they have worked all season. Why should they park it just cause they qualified?

The Caps are a decent team one of many that have been looking to slay the hydra for a while now. They will have to also continuing doing what they do to get a shot at it.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Is it safe to post? Have all the kids gone to bed?

Fantastic game. Caps still scare the bejebus out of me. Thank God that Tampa does not always need Vasi to play lights out, but when they do need him, he does.

Caps are reigning champs for a reason and not having a 7 game rematch in May would be a travesty.

Last edited:
Reactions: varank and Bolt 45

Everblades13

May 24, 2016
Congrats for fighting a guy who clearly never fights. Gourde should have easily beat Vrana worse than he did. I give props to V for standing in there and taking it.

Now let’s see Gourde fight someone in his weight class who actually drops the mits
I'm still catching up on this thread so maybe it was covered, but I can't believe we skated by "your guy beat the hell out of our guy, but not nearly as bad as he should have" as viable trash talk.

Sensin5

Jan 27, 2013
In Sens - Canucks game (which looks like Ottawa lying down and asking to get run over), the unbelievably incompetent NHL referees have done their best to help get players injured. By refusing to call a clear textbook boarding (by Virtanen) directly in front of them it led directly to a Sens player (Pageau I think) boarding a Canuck in return. They call the penalty in that case but looks like the Canuck player may have been hurt. Should not have happened. Directly the fault of the idiot refs who don't know the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad