GDT: HFBoards GDT | 3/10/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
I just realized this is the first time in many years an L.A vs Anaheim game hasn't been on the top of my watch list.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Tkachuk is back bby.

Now if only the first line could get back. Is this too much to ask?

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
Flames are 2-0 at home against Vegas scoring 7 and 6 goals (so far). I'd like the Flames to play Vegas with the home-ice advantage.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Maybe it wouldnt have mattered anyway but why start Subban against the Flames? Should have started him vs Canucks and started MAF tonight.
Subban as played 2 games in Calgary this season

7 goals against in November

5 goals against tonight

I get the strategy of going with your starter against the weaker team of a back to back to hopefully guarantee at least 2 points on the weekend, but this ended about as expected

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Flames are 2-0 at home against Vegas scoring 7 and 6 goals (so far). I'd like the Flames to play Vegas with the home-ice advantage.
Surely the context that one of those games came with the backup in net on the tail end of back to backs should matter, no? No? okay.

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
Surely the context that one of those games came with the backup in net on the tail end of back to backs.
A team that is looking for excuses is the exact team that I would want my team to play in the playoffs lol.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I think it's obvious that his knowledge of the game isn't 100%. I didn't hear the Crosby scoring question. I heard him ask about shots. (Jan 11, was the last time Crosby was without a shot BTW).

But he's super super smooth, he's not over talking the play, he's getting the players names right, he's been slightly behind the play at times, but that's to be expected. I don't think anything is feeling forced, he's reading the crowd for cues he doesn't naturally know.

He's tossed out good information, either from a producer, or notes, and he's not forcing anything.

I think he is pretty good for someone so new for calling hockey games. He should only get better with experience.

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
I mean, yeah, the Flames have two backup goalies and you don't see them making excuses :sarcasm:
Yeah, it's unfortunate as a Flames fan. Could be worse though, could be paying 5.75M for the next 6 years to a goalie with a sub 0.900 save percentage.

Reactions: JurassicTunga
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad