GDT: HFBoards GDT | 2/8/20 - 12 Games today...with some early starts

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Imagine Kovalchuk on a team actually in the playoff hunt. Seriously, you think one of the teams higher in the standings could use him?
Nah man. Teams could've signed him for free and didn't, therefore he is useless.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Drew two legit penalties and scored two goals. First one was unlucky for the Preds because he just stepped on somebody's stick, but those get called. Either way, dominated the Preds yet again.
i guess if diving is your thing

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Petry is a very very good d-man. Went on 1-1 against both Tavares and Matthews and neither couldn't do s*** against him
truth .can you imagine if bergevin had actually built this D properly? outside pretty and weber, it's uneven. next year they'll have romanov, but i think they need to deal some of their picks or a A prospect to find a top LD . if they do, they'll be a dangerous team

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Thought Petry played a very good game tonight. He just seems to play his best hockey when Weber isn't playing for some reason.

I remember Petry logging in a lot of quality games as a first pairing D, while Weber was hurt long term.

I think he used to be a first pairing D in EDM but he was nowhere as efficient as he is now.

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
Refs weren't great in our game. Called an embellishment that I didn't think was a good call, and missed a board by Nurse in the last couple minutes. We did draw some tripping calls which I think were legit, but the other ones kind of decided the game. Not a great game all around.

Reactions: Mass

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Thought Petry played a very good game tonight. He just seems to play his best hockey when Weber isn't playing for some reason.
I thought that it was Scandella's best game as well, he was trying to create things and was solid in our end as well. There weren't really any brainfarts from the D as a whole and that's unusual lol.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
As you know, it's not about Molson's pocketbook but about cap room and the risks teams take on with 35 years under the CBA.

And yes, they haven't exactly used all of their cap room in the last 3 years but that could change as of next year.
Let’s see what happens, but I won’t be mad if they give him a 2 year deal, I think he’s got a lot of hockey left in him.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
trut

truth .can you imagine if bergevin had actually built this D properly? outside pretty and weber, it's uneven. next year they'll have romanov, but i think they need to deal some of their picks or a A prospect to find a top LD . if they do, they'll be a dangerous team

It's going to take a viable plan and someone smart enough to implement it while adjusting as needed. It's not the type of balancing act I can imagine Bergevin doing but who knows, he might just continue plodding along next season too.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Let’s see what happens, but I won’t be mad if they give him a 2 year deal, I think he’s got a lot of hockey left in him.

He's definitely showing that he can skate and those hands are still golden. What the hell happened in LA? Maybe it was a bad fit for him all the way.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
2nd game without Kneeordano for the Flames, hopefully they lose again.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I remember Petry logging in a lot of quality games as a first pairing D, while Weber was hurt long term.

I think he used to be a first pairing D in EDM but he was nowhere as efficient as he is now.

Yup when Weber was out long term Petry really upped his game and he's been playing the best hockey of his career since then. He's a completely different player than the player he was when he was an Oiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad