GDT: HFBoards GDT | 2/8/20 - 12 Games today...with some early starts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I swear they should make a rule that once puck enters the neutral zone after a penalty in overtime expires blow the whistle. Way too many overtimes are blown by 4 on 4 afterward.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Well, Carolina won anyway so it doesn't matter. Still, if Tripping is allowed in the Shootout, more goalies should do it and it would further ruin the skills competition.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Cam Ward in net.... Can't buy a shootout win

The empty shells of Mrazek and Reimer.... Undefeated in the shootout

I got nothing

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm just reading rule 24.4 in the rule book, and based on what I'm finding, Teuvo should have been allowed to take the shot again. Quoth the rules:

"When an infraction worthy of a minor penalty is committed by the goalkeeper during the penalty shot that causes the shot to fail, no penalty is to be assessed but the Referee shall permit the shot to be taken over again."

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
I'm just reading rule 24.4 in the rule book, and based on what I'm finding, Teuvo should have been allowed to take the shot again. Quoth the rules:

"When an infraction worthy of a minor penalty is committed by the goalkeeper during the penalty shot that causes the shot to fail, no penalty is to be assessed but the Referee shall permit the shot to be taken over again."
Wow good deal for a goalie if they are beat just tackle the guy...

ijuka

May 14, 2016

It's not a penalty shot, though.

Also, that's pretty ridiculous, isn't it? Penalty for an infraction cannot just be a reset.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It's not a penalty shot, though.

Also, that's pretty ridiculous, isn't it? Penalty for an infraction cannot just be a reset.
Ah, but the rule book knew you were going to point that out. Quoth the rules:

"84.4 Shootout - During regular-season games, if the game remains tied at the end of the five (5) minute overtime period, the teams will proceed to a shootout. The rules governing the shootout shall be the same as those listed under Rule 24 - Penalty Shot. "

serp

Jan 17, 2016
How is it possible to blow so many leads like Vegas do? Trash ass team.

Mediocre defense and/or goaltending will do that to a team. Just look at the Leafs who are also blowing leads like crazy. If you can't defend very well you will have trouble keeping a lead when the other team is pushing .

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA

interesting. I don’t think I can recall a play where the player was allowed to take the shot again. Usually the goal is just allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad