GDT: HFBoards GDT | 2/7/19 |Games ! Games !! many Games !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
yep, just take a gander at all these quality opponents they've beaten the last couple of months...

lolflames.png

NHL Relative Power Index - 2018-2019 - National Hockey League - ESPN

Calgary has had a harder than SJ so far.. Thanks for coming out.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Flames 5v5:

52.27% CF%'
50.79% FF%
51.16% SF%
51.43% SCF%
46.67% HDCF%

"dominated"

Jones stood on his head, Rittich spotted San Jose 2 early goals. Flames were the better team, but Jones was the best player tonight.

You forgot

42.95% xGF (according to Corsica.hockey)
43.32% xGF (according to Moneypuck)

Going to enjoy watching Vegas send the Sharks home to their wakeboards early once again.

xGF% is an absolutely garbage stat, there's 8 Carolina Hurricanes in the top 30 and they're 16th in the league for GF. Lucas Wallmark leads all players who have played more than 40 games and has 10pts :laugh:

I think Bill Peters is far from a concern. Also, of course the Flames had 7 PPs. The Sharks took 7 penalties. That isn't random, the Flames were pushing the issue.

Also, you don't know me, but one thing you should know is that I don't put much stock in the current algorithms for analyzing shot quality numerically.

xGF has a stronger predictive power of goals than Corsi. I don’t think it’s perfect either but it’s the closest way to quantify domination. You know, besides goals...where the Flames also got dominated. By a Sharks team without Erik f***ing Karlsson.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
LOL.

• Formula: 25% team winning percentage, 50% opponents' average winning percentage, and 25% opponents' opponents' average winning percentage. In figuring winning percentage, ties count as half a win and half a loss

hahahaha didn't even see that. I just saw "ESPN" and immediately determined that it was full of shit.

Reactions: treefiddy

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Going to enjoy watching Vegas send the Sharks home to their wakeboards early once again.

xGF% is an absolutely garbage stat, there's 8 Carolina Hurricanes in the top 30 and they're 16th in the league for GF. Lucas Wallmark leads all players who have played more than 40 games and has 10pts :laugh:
Of all the spices in the world you chose salt.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
xGF has a stronger predictive power of goals than Corsi. I don’t think it’s perfect either but it’s the closest way to quantify domination.
I disagree. I think watching the game and comparing the number of quality chances is all you really need. I know tonight I yelled at the screen in frustration at wasted chances a lot more than I yelled in relief at a dangerous chance against. :laugh:

I'm just saying, from a Flames fan perspective, it's frustrating to let in those two bad goals in the first and then fall asleep, and lose the game right there. But in the bigger picture, even without Erik Karlsson, it's good to show up and control that much of the game. I don't think there was a single 5-minute stretch in the game where it felt like the Flames were being stifled. Maybe in the middle of the second period, but other than that, it was an enjoyable game for me because of how many chances we created.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I disagree. I think watching the game and comparing the number of quality chances is all you really need. I know tonight I yelled at the screen in frustration at wasted chances a lot more than I yelled in relief at a dangerous chance against. :laugh:

I'm just saying, from a Flames fan perspective, it's frustrating to let in those two bad goals in the first and then fall asleep, and lose the game right there. But in the bigger picture, even without Erik Karlsson, it's good to show up and control that much of the game. I don't think there was a single 5-minute stretch in the game where it felt like the Flames were being stifled. Maybe in the middle of the second period, but other than that, it was an enjoyable game for me because of how many chances we created.

To accurately quantify it. A bunch of Sharks and Flames homers aren’t going accurately and objectively assess what happened without any bias involved. I think the Sharks were the better team and did a good job keeping the Flames to the outside.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Ya and Jones with his .897 S% is sooo good :naughty:
Its terrible. But it was still good enough to stop 36 of 38 shots against the Flames .. :D

Banter aside, most Sharks fans will tell you that the team defense has been the main reason for Jones poor SV%. He has not been the most consistent goalie this year but he has been good when we have needed him to be.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad