GDT: HFBoards GDT | 2/4/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
Those players aren’t particularly good, but still Komarov and Martin with the coaching they’ve received this season have been integral to the Islanders success this season and probably provide an element the leafs do need.

I personally dont miss Leo or Martin one bit. With them gone, it gave Kapanen and Johnsson a chance to shine

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I personally dont miss Leo or Martin one bit. With them gone, it gave Kapanen and Johnsson a chance to shine
I wouldn’t miss their contributions based on last year either. They’ve been far more influential to the positive this year. With those contributions, it wouldn’t have been so easy to just see them off.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Remember that the people who did that math are the same people doing the math that says the Leafs can’t resign their guys.
I don’t remember Bob McKenzie saying anything about cutting Martin and Komarov.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Not really what?

They’ve both been tremendous for the Islanders. Not sure Babs could’ve got it out of them, but if he could, it would absolutely have been a plus.

The guys that replaced them are defensively competent and have almost as many goals as those two plus JVR plus Bozak combined in over 70 less GP and at $16 M less cost.

Leafs can literally fit those two plus Tavares plus Rielly at the same cap hit.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Martin has actually been low key one of the best acquisitions any team made this offseason. I think he is just so happy to be home on the Island.

Mar 26, 2010
:huh:

Lol, lying like a rug, typical...
That was not making fun. That was stating what happened.

Matthews, Tavares and Marner are all way better than him. It is not close. I am done with this.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
That was not making fun. That was stating what happened.

Matthews, Tavares and Marner are all way better than him. It is not close. I am done with this.
Marner maybe. Tavares is close. Matthews has zero compete level which negates the skill level that would put him in the same league; but until he plays with heart, he’s not.

Mar 26, 2010
Marner maybe. Tavares is close. Matthews has zero compete level which negates the skill level that would put him in the same league; but until he plays with heart, he’s not.
Matthews is way better than Pettersson. Pettersson is nothing special, decent player yes but give it a rest.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Matthews is way better than Pettersson. Pettersson is nothing special, decent player yes but give it a rest.
What kind of production would a rookie be having then on average at best team if well over a PPG is not special?

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
And Green has the Canucks playing great hockey. Very good coach. Envious.

Our defense was a trainwreck in the 1st. Can't wait till Hughes forces Pouliot out. Just gotta get a Guddy replacement.

But we came out hard in the 3rd, tilted the ice. Hart stood strong. I wondered originally whether he was ready or not when they recalled him but man he's been a stud. So calm, just ice in his veins.

Nolan Patrick looked really good too. Thought he was the most noticeable skater for the Flyers.

Mar 26, 2010
What kind of production would a rookie be having then on average at best team if well over a PPG is not special?
Matthews scored 40 goals as teenage rookie, but you say he is not impressive.

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
Matthews scored 40 goals as teenage rookie, but you say he is not impressive.

No one says Matthews isn't impressive. What are you talking about? They just say that Pettersson is ALSO impressive. Pettersson is a huge stud.

Personally, I'd take Pettersson over Matthews but they're both excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad