GDT: HFBoards GDT | 2/26/21 | I think we used up all the games yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Are the numbers on the Avs jerseys black?? That's even more ridiculous than I original thought their uniforms were.

MapleLeafs94

So then I said...
Nov 18, 2016
Man if the Wild could somehow get a game breaking centre they could be a legit threat (cougheichelcough). Their back end has been top 10 for a while but with a legit elite forward added they look pretty good from my viewing. Everybody ripped on them for being a middling team and assured us they needed a rebuild but one big trade for a legit center and they could be a problem. That task is no easy feat though.

Reactions: voxel

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Their D-core was pretty devastated this off-season with top 4 regulars Krug and Chara parting ways. Very young and inexperienced defenseman filling their shoes. They still have probably the best of group of defensive forwards in the league with Bergeron and Marchand leading the way.

Losing one of them was bad enough, but both? Double blueline void.

Reactions: Thomp94

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Man if the Wild could somehow get a game breaking centre they could be a legit threat (cougheichelcough). Their back end has been top 10 for a while but with a legit elite forward added they look pretty good from my viewing. Everybody ripped on them for being a middling team and assured us they needed a rebuild but one big trade for a legit center and they could be a problem. That task is no easy feat though.

Imagine if Kaprizov was on those 2014-2017 Wild teams. You think Boudreau would have liked to have a guy like this, esp. in 2016-17 alongside Staal's bounceback?

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
I was told Boston seamlessly transitioned their defence though? Even after losing two big pieces on the back-end?

They're missing half of there top 6 right now. And they've been fine outside of these two games lol.

When you're forced to play John Moore significant minutes, you're gunna have a bad time.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida

They look great tonight. I think they could get the second round without an elite center... but Kopitar or Eichel would be amazing.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

If Rossi is legit, we're in pretty good shape with both him and Boldy coming into the fold next year.

MapleLeafs94

So then I said...
Nov 18, 2016
If Rossi is legit, we're in pretty good shape with both him and Boldy coming into the fold next year.

Yeah, I'm sure you know a lot more than I do, as I don't follow the team and have only seen those 2 play at the World Juniors lol. Still even if they do break in as top 6 forwards next year which is wishful thinking, I'd like to see them scrounge something together for a top 6 center. Also wishful thinking but maybe a buy low on Zibanejad if the rangers don't like his contract demands and he has a down year which is looking likely.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Yeah, I'm sure you know a lot more than I do, as I don't follow the team and have only seen those 2 play at the World Juniors lol. Still even if they do break in as top 6 forwards next year which is wishful thinking, I'd like to see them scrounge something together for a top 6 center. Also wishful thinking but maybe a buy low on Zibanejad if the rangers don't like his contract demands and he has a down year which is looking likely.

You'll find very few in our fanbase that disagrees with that.

I wasn't correcting you or anything. Just noting some more young offensive talent that will be joining the ranks very shortly.

MapleLeafs94

So then I said...
Nov 18, 2016
Imagine if Kaprizov was on those 2014-2017 Wild teams. You think Boudreau would have liked to have a guy like this, esp. in 2016-17 alongside Staal's bounceback?

Well pretty easy response. I mean any team would like to have a player like him, the guy, so far looks like a 1st line winger at only 23 years old. I thought he was kinda overhyped even though I never watch KHL games lol sad I know. I saw Panarin comparisons which I scoffed at but seeing him play at the highest level it might not be far off. He's not there yet but he's still young with plenty of room to grow and add a player of his caliber to that team at forward. Psh the guy could be an easy PPG forward for years to come.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I see that Marchand cross checked a player in the head. Is that not a 5 min penalty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad