GDT: HFBoards GDT: 2/17/21 | 5 games with an early start at 5pm ... i'm expecting 5 goals games

Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
How bout them lowly Sens giving the 'big bad Leafs' all they can handle in that first?

After the big comeback by Ottawa last game, I wondered if the Leafs would be tentative this game.
SOG heavily in favor of the Sens may indicate Toronto might be.

Leafs came on stronger at the end of 1, but Ottawa kept things at no score even if Joe Thornton did try using Matt Murray as the puck :cool:

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
How bout them lowly Sens giving the 'big bad Leafs' all they can handle in that first?

After the big comeback by Ottawa last game, I wondered if the Leafs would be tentative this game.

Leafs came on stronger at the end of 1, but Ottawa kept things at no score even if Joe Thornton did try using Matt Murray as the puck :cool:
That would have been nice if that happened, but it is a fair score after one.

The Big Swede13

Sep 2, 2019

SOG is such a meaningless stat. Some teams shoot from everywhere on ice. With that said, the 1st belonged to Ottawa

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Meanwhile, over in Wings Land, the surprising Blackhawks just missed going up 1-0 as Beaudin rang one off the iron.

Pre-season, and knowing they will be missing Jonathan Toews, with the tandom of Colin Delia and Malcolm Subban in net, someone would have told me at this point the Hawks would be right up there in the standings with the Lightning, Hurricanes, Blue Jackets, Panthers AND ahead of the Stars, I would have called b%$##it.

Yet there is Chicago.
Lankinen in net, with Beaudin, Suter, and Kubilik supporting stars like Kane and DeBrincat.

Hawks are definitely a better watch this season than I initially thought.

Reactions: Laus723

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Just curious, how old is Elliote Friedman? It looks like he's getting younger, but then that beard he had was pretty massive.

He's aging backwards like Benjamin Button.

In a couple of weeks, this will be him:

Long-Hair-Boys.jpg

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
SOG is such a meaningless stat. Some teams shoot from everywhere on ice. With that said, the 1st belonged to Ottawa

For sure, SOG isn't the be-all end all (I've been saying that for YEARS, so that isn't news to me), but for the most part, it certainly is better to be the team generating them, rather than the team allowing them to be generated in greater amounts against.

And yea, I'd give that first period to the Sens as well, despite the no score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad