GDT: HFBoards GDT | 2/17/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Flames/Jets vs Wild/Canucks/Coyotes/Avalanche/Blackhawks first round is going to suck.

GoBluz24

Established 1967
Apr 8, 2012
so ill near st lou
I know it's 4 - 0 but I hope the scoreless 5 on 3's don't come back to haunt the Blues. If Wild score on this PP then the momentum will be all theirs. Should be noted the Blues are in their 6th game in 9 days and on back to back. Legs gotta be getting tired.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
God the Wild suck. I love the team and fan base and they deserve better. Ever since they signed Parise and Suter they’ve somehow made very few moves to improve the team - even a casual observer can tell from their playoff performances and regular season games like today that they can’t survive in the WC. Need an overhaul badly.
The plan was to sign Parise and Suter and then Coyle, Zucker, Haula, Nino, Granlund, Brodin would all be out preforming their contracts as the team was making cup runs. They repeatedly used the money they were saving on the young players cheap years to bring in "goal scorers" Heatley, Vanek, Staal that didn't work because as it turns out getting a "goal scorer" that doesn't have massive flaws is nearly impossible in free agency.

The fundamental flaw with the team is they have terrible scouting, they value the wrong player traits and are too willing to sacrifice the most important one, skating.

Once they failed in 2016/17 it was clear the team was done, they were going to lose their strength as a team because of the expansion draft and expiring cheap deals. It eliminated the depth they had and now they are a normal team with worse top lines.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
I thought this Wild/Blues game would be the best battle of the day.
Sure hope i was way off.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Blues as of late

giphy.gif

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
the wild looked like hot garbage. they are crazy if they dont try to sell off what they can. even if they make it, its just a quick sweep for winnipeg or san jose.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Brian Boucher just compared these Wild to the 2010 Flyers. I don't see that at all. Those Flyers were loaded with talent and were getting sunk by bad goaltending.
I don't either, however...
Philly was fortunate that Habs/Halak busted their tails upsetting Caps and Pens in r1 & 2. Exhausted, they lost in ECF.

Wow Blues 10-0-0 L10 hottest team in the NHL :amazed: Handful hot in the EC, but nothing like this run.

If they finish Central 3rd who do they match up better against? Jets or Preds?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Wild should sell but Eric Staal is their only prime tradeable asset. Could probably get a 1st and prospect for him. Maybe a lat eround pick for Eric Fehr.

hey we won a cup
Feb 16, 2017
St. Louis
Philly was fortunate that Habs/Halak busted their tails upsetting Caps and Pens in r1 & 2. Exhausted, they lost in ECF.

Wow Blues 10-0-0 L10 hottest team in the NHL :amazed: Handful hot in the EC, but nothing like this run.

We aren't finishing 3rd. 1st or bust.

Reactions: bukwas

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Brian Boucher just compared these Wild to the 2010 Flyers. I don't see that at all. Those Flyers were loaded with talent and were getting sunk by bad goaltending.

He definitely didn't compare them. He was asked if he had a time as a player when his team was in a funk and he told the story about the Flyers - and then he explicitly said he wasn't saying the Wild would do the same thing, that was just a time when, as a goaltender, his team "couldn't get out of their own way."

We already get enough invented stories from hockey writers/reporters, please do not feed into this telephone game garbage by misconstruing incredibly plain language.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
So what's the thinking of Bruce Boudreau? That he'll be fired if they don't make the playoffs anyway? So he comes out and says they "Will make the post season!", so no when they don't, he's really totally fired? Or is he hoping to get canned earlier for some reason? Maybe he wants to go to Seattle.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017

If those two teams and St. Louis keep playing like they have been it wouldn't matter either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad