GDT: HFBoards GDT | 2/17/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ducks look like a new team without Carlyle.

If that truly is the case and I believe it is, Murray should have cut Carlyle months ago. Ducks would still be in a playoff spot, perhaps with even a healthy cushion. They are now only 5 points out of a playoff spot after this win.

@HanSolo I know the feeling as a Rangers fan. Love to see the team do well and see certain players have break out seasons like Mika Zibanejad and Chris Kreider, but when a season is lost you scratch your head and wonder if this level of compete and pride of winning, the best for the teams future.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
If that truly is the case and I believe it is, Murray should have cut Carlyle months ago. Ducks would still be in a playoff spot, perhaps with even a healthy cushion. They are now only 5 points out of a playoff spot after this win.

@HanSolo I know the feeling as a Rangers fan. Love to see the team do well and see certain players have break out seasons like Mika Zibanejad and Chris Kreider, but when a season is lost you scratch your head and wonder if this level of compete and pride of winning, the best for the teams future.
That's exactly where I'm at with this win. Like. Good that they won on Niedermayer's jersey retirement night. Good that Miller set the wins record for an American goalie. But like...making the playoffs would do more harm than good and just barely missing the playoffs would be even worse.

Getting as high a pick as possible is the best thing for the team at this point.

Reactions: Leonardo87

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Pretty good hockey day in America.

First game was good, PHI/DET was close until the empty netter.

Wild...... well, 2/3 ain’t bad.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That's exactly where I'm at with this win. Like. Good that they won on Niedermayer's jersey retirement night. Good that Miller set the wins record for an American goalie. But like...making the playoffs would do more harm than good and just barely missing the playoffs would be even worse.

Getting as high a pick as possible is the best thing for the team at this point.

I don’t catch a ton of Ducks games, it’s hard for me with the west coast time zone, living on the east coast, but from what I’ve seen, don’t think this team needs to be gutted. Same goes for the Rangers, felt we did that last season and now are trying to put a core together to move forward with and add more young talent around them and develop the roster. But both teams would do very well with some nice top picks this off season and get back at it sooner than later. Can’t happen if you are shooting for the playoffs, and like you said just miss them, especially when its unrealistic to happen, well more for us than you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad