GDT: HFBoards GDT | 2/17/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Why don't more players attempt a between the legs goal during a game ?
Is it still considered hot dogging, or are the players ok with it ?
Now that the league has moved towards a more skilled game, will we see more of this ?
If it's pointless it's pointless. But if it serves a purpose players will do it if they can think about it.

I honestly feel like just shooting between the legs like that for no real purpose might be the most overrated move in hockey. There's little point to do it outside of the puck protection(like how Barkov did it).

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Probably the same people who think Carolina's celebrations are a crime against hockey.

Hertl did this in his rookie year and he got blasted non-ironically by many such people. Granted, it was a 7-2 game at that point.
Ah yeah, I remember that. People need to get over themselves and not take everything so seriously I guess lol

JustinCase

Dec 1, 2018
Ontario
Outside of Don Cherry who sees it as "hotdogging"?

I think it's more accepted now than it used to be.
One example I remember was Thomas Hertl did this in a game, and people went nuts saying it was disrespectful.
I think people were mad because it was like his 3rd or 4 th game in the league.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I think it's more accepted now than it used to be.
One example I remember was Thomas Hertl did this in a game, and people went nuts saying it was disrespectful.
I think people were mad because it was like his 3rd or 4 th game in the league.
I think people were mad at him because the game was a blow out and he was seen as hotdogging/rubbing it in.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Interesting goalie interference call. When two players are locked it’s hard to understand how the ref saw one and not the other.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
rofl... gets pushed into Miller... and an undeserved PP.
Gets touched by Perry, and takes full advantage to “accidentally” plow right through Miller. Perry couldn’t prevent Wilson from going where he wants to if he was driving a bulldozer.

You still have to make an attempt to not hit him. He didn’t.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Gets touched by Perry, and takes full advantage to “accidentally” plow right through Miller. Perry couldn’t prevent Wilson from going where he wants to if he was driving a bulldozer.

You see those ice shavings flying off the ground? That's Wilson trying to stop. He gets ridden the entire way by Perry.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015

You should watch a players legs, not the name on his back

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
You should watch a players legs, not the name on his back
I’m watching his upper body go towards the goalie instead of away. Happened to catch the name while I was looking.

Wilson is both big enough and good enough at skating to have not lost that much control from what Perry do 10 feet earlier. I’ve watched Perry “accidentally” do the same thing more than enough to know it’s a good call.

Reactions: HanSolo

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I think people were mad at him because the game was a blow out and he was seen as hotdogging/rubbing it in.

Was that the infamous 4th goal between the legs and celebration? After which Joe Thornton said he'd have his...well let's just say he'd get 2 and a game for careless use of the stick - if he scored 4 goals?

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
wtf are the caps doing?

They seem to have stretches where they play terrible hockey this season. I don't know if they're tired from last year or trying to converse energy or what, but they should try to step it up. They're not that far ahead of PIT and CAR.

They can also play very well (like against SJ and CGY).

Reactions: varank
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad