GDT: HFBoards GDT | 2/17/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
The refs helped the Pens out when they didn't call Kunitz' 2 crosschecks to Ovi while he was just standing there taking it. You know, after Ovi supposedly predicted where Letang's ankle was going to be as he swatted at the puck.

Predicted as he swatted at the puck? He watched his stick all the way through to Letang's ankle. The puck was at least 3 feet out of reach.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I honestly think you are incapable of looking at anything without red colored glasses. You're really going to say with a straight face that the refs didn't help the Capitals? The GWG was a direct result of a terrible call on Kunitz.

Yes, terrible call. That or textbook interference. Puck was long gone when he hit Ward. Same play against 87, you'd be calling for supplemental discipline.

Kunitz should have been penalized earlier for crosschecks, too.

The real cause of that GWG was Letang, he of the miraculous, back-from-the-grave recovery, being a complete idiot and taking the slashing penalty when Pens were already one man short.

Bottom line, Caps scored on their PPs, Pens didn't. Get over it.

mel

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2006
Boston
Penalty shot for Henrique in Jersey. Also Dainus Zubrus is only 36. It feels like he's been in the league forever.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
Yes, terrible call. That or textbiok interference. Puck was long gone. Kunitz should have been penalized earlier for crosschecks.

The real cause of that GWG was Letang, he of the miraculous, back-from-the-grave recovery, being a complete idiot and taking the slashing penalty when Pens were already one man short.

Bottom line, Caps scored on their PPs, Pens didn't. Get over it.

There's nothing to get over. It's not like it's a new revelation... the Pens are hovering right around 10% on the PP since the start of December, if they haven't fallen below it now. They're also scoring an average of only about 2.3 goals per game over that stretch.

darkbrew*

Its honestly cute the caps think they have the pens figured out or something. Its more like the pens have been awful for 2 months and any playoff team is crushing them, and Crosby/Malkin have been total ass.

penguins2946*

True. It seems like they always go for the pretty/perfect passes instead of just getting the puck to the net. The guys need to shoot more.

The Pens PP in their first 13 games of the season was 21 for 56, an astonishing 37.5% rate of success. The Pens PP since has gone 15 for 121 in the 44 games since. Not only are the Pens getting significantly less power plays (dropped from 4.3 PPs per game to 2.75 PPs per game), it has dropped drastically in effectiveness, going from a 37.5% clip to a 12.4% rate.

mel

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2006
Boston
Seriously, falling asleep over here. Great choice for the national game NBCSN.

I was wondering why NBCSN chose this game as their national one. Nothing against the Devils or Sabres but Pens and Caps or maybe even Blue Jackets and Flyers could have been a better choice.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
Its honestly cute the caps think they have the pens figured out or something. Its more like the pens have been awful for 2 months and any playoff team is crushing them, and Crosby/Malkin have been total ass.

With tonight's game under their belt, both have played at about a 67 point pace since Dec 1. Not good.

mel

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2006
Boston
The Pens PP in their first 13 games of the season was 21 for 56, an astonishing 37.5% rate of success. The Pens PP since has gone 15 for 121 in the 44 games since. Not only are the Pens getting significantly less power plays (dropped from 4.3 PPs per game to 2.75 PPs per game), it has dropped drastically in effectiveness, going from a 37.5% clip to a 12.4% rate.

I totally agree. For all the firepower that they have it's just not acceptable to not be as effective. Trying to split up Crosby and Malkin might work but even when they are apart they are still passing the puck too much or when they do shoot they fail to hit the net. It's frustrating because like you mention the power play at the beginning of the season was great.

Maybe you're right and Tocchet needs to crack some skulls. The guys who go for the pretty passes instead of the shot get a face full of fist from Tocchet :laugh:

mel

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2006
Boston
Matt Moulson looks like the Orphans leader in the movie The Warriors.
orphan_800x600.jpg

mel

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2006
Boston
Man, I can't wait, that's always my favorite part, especially after an exciting matchup like this,

Milbury and Roenick probably needed an IV set up with caffeine to stay awake during that one. They look so sad to be there right now and talk about the game. I like the Sabres so I'm hoping they get that first pick and an exciting player to play for them.

penguins2946*

I enjoy watching games so much more when they're not the Pens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad