GDT: HFBoards GDT | 2/17/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
To add insult to injury for penguin fans, Ovechkin now has more points on the season than Crosby.

2ka RasK*

Ovechkin wins the game

and pulls ahead of YKW in the scoring race too

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Welcome to the penguins 2015 edition.

1. Play as well or better than the opposing team.
2. have every borderline call mysteriously go the other way.
3. have the other team score a powerplay goal in the third.
4. makeup call down when the game is out of hand

repeat ad nauseum

Down by one is out of hand while on the PP and with that roster?

penguins2946*

Ovy>Crosby

At least this year, definitely.

Nice way for the refs to ruin this game though. That Kunitz penalty was absolutely atrocious that they called. It's a shame that such a piss poor call was the reason the Caps won that game.

dwanmaster*

Nice way for the refs to ruin this game though. That Kunitz penalty was absolutely atrocious that they called. It's a shame that such a piss poor call was the reason the Caps won that game.

Nah the reason the Caps won was because Letang is a baby lol

Xamar*

There were multiple mind boggling calls in the game I do agree with you ..

Koized

Oct 8, 2005

The Penguins only goal was on a goalie interference so the refs didn't really help the Caps.

penguins2946*

Pouliot had the puck way too much on the 6 on 4. Sid really needs to shoot more, he's always looking to pass.

Pouliot is our best PP player already. He needs to have the puck more. I feel a lot more confident with him having the puck than I do with basically anyone else on the Pens right now, and that includes Malkin, Crosby and Letang. That speaks just as much as how bad those 3 have been at playmaking as much as it does how good Pouliot is.

mel

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2006
Boston
It was a fun game to watch. Hate that the Caps won but it will be really fun to see these two teams against each other in the playoffs. The game was a nice break from having to study neuroanatomy

penguins2946*

The Penguins only goal was on a goalie interference so the refs didn't really help the Caps.

I honestly think you are incapable of looking at anything without red colored glasses. You're really going to say with a straight face that the refs didn't help the Capitals? The GWG was a direct result of a terrible call on Kunitz.

mel

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2006
Boston
It's still a man advantage , no ones fault the PP stinks but their own, especially with that talent.

True. It seems like they always go for the pretty/perfect passes instead of just getting the puck to the net. The guys need to shoot more.

rh71

Nov 12, 2005
Long Island, NY
I honestly think you are incapable of looking at anything without red colored glasses. You're really going to say with a straight face that the refs didn't help the Capitals? The GWG was a direct result of a terrible call on Kunitz.

The refs helped the Pens out when they didn't call Kunitz' 2 crosschecks to Ovi while he was just standing there taking it. You know, after Ovi supposedly predicted where Letang's ankle was going to be as he swatted at the puck.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
11-8 penalties in favor of the Caps by my count. Insane.

I remember hearing a stat on the Capitals broadcast last year I think that said in the last 17 games or even more the Capitals have never had a PP advantage over the Penguins. First time it happens and this is the result? Lol

darkbrew*

The refs helped the Pens out when they didn't call Kunitz' 2 crosschecks to Ovi while he was just standing there taking it. You know, after Ovi supposedly predicted where Letang's ankle was going to be as he swatted at the puck.

Oh you mean the guy who should have been in the box? :laugh: The refs knew later they ****ed that up, why else do they give the ******** makeup call at the end there.

That call on the caps at the end just solidified the refs arent reffing the game by the book

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad