GDT: HFBoards GDT 2/14/19 |The valentines day special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
The way the Isles are playing this year, yes, 2-0 is thoroughly beating teams. They are demolishing teams with their defense.

Again, not taking anything from the Isles, I am rooting for them and Coach Trotz. If the playoffs started today they would get the Pens, are you taking them to win that series, awesome defense and all?

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Who saw the play has nothing to do with the illegality of a player pinning a player without the puck to the boards before the puck is even remotely within the vicinity of either player.

My mentioning that an official was nearby is more of an indictment on the fact that no call was made.

But that's a complete mislead if the official that's nearby can't make the call.

It's like saying it's a joke a person didn't get a speeding ticket going past a firetruck, even though no police officers were around to see it.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Again, not taking anything from the Isles, I am rooting for them and Coach Trotz. If the playoffs started today they would get the Pens, are you taking them to win that series, awesome defense and all?

They’d play the Habs. Pens would play the Lightning.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
But that's a complete mislead if the official that's nearby can't make the call.

It's like saying it's a joke a person didn't get a speeding ticket going past a firetruck, even though no police officers were around to see it.
There's two other refs on the ice, no? The puck was at the point and was rimmed around just before the pin happened. Their line of sight should have been in that general direction.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
checked NHL.com and yahoo sports

Neither of them are giving any stats from Sharks/Caps game......only the score

The Amish have better software than the NHL

I blame Betman

Mar 26, 2010
That crowd in Vegas is crazy... LV a hockey town huh.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
There's two other refs on the ice, no? The puck was at the point and was rimmed around just before the pin happened. Their line of sight should have been in that general direction.

Should they? Perhaps. Did they? Dunno. I'd assume they didn't. And I'd rather a ref not make a call on a play they didn't see than call something because they think something may have happened.

Reactions: bukwas

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Ok, would you take them against the Habs?

p.s. I would take the Pens over the Bolts. ;)

I’d take both top seeds with the way they look today. Ask me again if the records hold, what happens at the deadline and how the teams are playing.

I’d say that I think the only teams that will give the Lightning a series that could go either way are the Capitals and Penguins.

Reactions: Sam Spade
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad