GDT: HFBoards GDT 2/14/19 |The valentines day special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I wouldn't disagree.

But by my count they missed an interference in the first two minutes of the game where a Toronto guy pinned a Vegas player to the board before the puck was anywhere near either of them. What made this one stick out to me is that the linesman watched it happen from four feet away.

A pretty blatant cross check to the back of a Vegas player that knocked him to the ice on one of TML's powerplays.

A hook and a hold on the same shift in Vegas' offensive zone around four minutes into the second.

Like I'm perfectly content admitting that the right calls were made against both sides of the calls made but Toronto's been the beneficiary of some non calls in this one.

There have been 3 or 4 non-vegas calls I've noticed as well. Lots are not called every game, but it is rare the Leafs get this many.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
I wouldn't disagree.

But by my count they missed an interference in the first two minutes of the game where a Toronto guy pinned a Vegas player to the board before the puck was anywhere near either of them. What made this one stick out to me is that the linesman watched it happen from four feet away.

A pretty blatant cross check to the back of a Vegas player that knocked him to the ice on one of TML's powerplays.

A hook and a hold on the same shift in Vegas' offensive zone around four minutes into the second.

Like I'm perfectly content admitting that the right calls were made against both sides of the calls made but Toronto's been the beneficiary of some non calls in this one.

Linesmen don't call penalties...

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I'll write that down somewhere. It's been on my bucket list for years. Maybe when I get out of grad school and get a steady job I'll take the time to do it.
Yeah, Leafs fans rightfully get a bad wrap for there home crowds. I would mostly attribute that to the weekday crowds. Saturday night games are still an event.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
There have been 3 or 4 non-vegas calls I've noticed as well. Lots are not called every game, but it is rare the Leafs get this many.
I'd say also kind of rare that Vegas gets this many calls against them in quick succession but they're also not often this careless. At least not this many times in one game.
Linesmen don't call penalties...
Or ref. I didn't really notice who it was who was watching, I'm watching on a sort of small window. All I saw was stripes not far from the play in question. Either way, four officials somehow failed to see it.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
I'd say also kind of rare that Vegas gets this many calls against them in quick succession but they're also not often this careless. At least not this many times in one game.

Or ref. I didn't really notice who it was who was watching, I'm watching on a sort of small window. All I saw was stripes not far from the play in question. Either way, four officials somehow failed to see it.

Two.

Two officials failed to see it.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

Vegas is middle pack on penalties taken.

That last call was bad.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
NHL.com is such trash.

Anyone else unable to check stats on their site? Been that way for me all season.
I use tsn.ca and click on the game. It will update almost in real time. Its actually ahead on the sportsnet feed lol

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Okay you obviously know what I meant. The illegal play still happened without a peanalty call. Semantics don't change that.

Initially you said you felt the play was egregious because a linesman was watching it. I told you linesman can't call a penalty, so you changed it to ref and said 4 officials still missed the play. But there are two refs and two linesmen, so it's only 2 officials that missed it. From my perspective, you seemed to be trying to make it sound worse than it was. 2 pairs of eyes can still easily miss a play.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Initially you said you felt the play was egregious because a linesman was watching it. I told you linesman can't call a penalty, so you changed it to ref and said 4 officials still missed the play. But there are two refs and two linesmen, so it's only 2 officials that missed it. From my perspective, you seemed to be trying to make it sound worse than it was. 2 pairs of eyes can still easily miss a play.
Who saw the play has nothing to do with the illegality of a player pinning a player without the puck to the boards before the puck is even remotely within the vicinity of either player.

My mentioning that an official was nearby is more of an indictment on the fact that no call was made.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad