GDT: HFBoards GDT 2/14/19 |The valentines day special

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
So I guess the Leafs are still good at hockey.

7 wins in their last 9 games. One game went to OT, the other Georgiev Halak god mode.

The Phoenix loss was their low point and they seem to have figured things out.

Sure, Nylander isn’t lighting it up, but he has a presence and it’s hard to figure out which Leaf to keep an eye on.

They have a LOT of weapons

Fact: Nylander has been the best Leaf forward for the past 10 games or so

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
I could argue the DET OT game woke them up.

7-1 since them and that 1 required Georgiev Halak

Eh, nothing interesting happened in that game, though. Definitely nothing streak-busting.

After the game against Colorado, we've won 9 of 13. There's a good argument for it, IMO.

Drakon

Mar 31, 2014
When they're moving their legs, the Caps are still incredibly stifling defensively. Be interesting to see how they look come playoff time.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Blues longest winning streak since October 2002

Surprisingly none of those Hitchcock teams when they won 49-52-51-49 games from 2012-2016 had a win streak this long

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Holy shit I didnt know how close the Blackhawks were to a Playoff spot.

Im sure NBC is cheering hard for them

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
leafs

2nd most wins (tied)
2nd most ROW wins
2nd most points (tied)
2nd best goal differential

not a chance would they be anywhere close to the 2nd best team in a poll on these boards. the wildcard spot talk of a couple weeks ago seems pretty short sighted now

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Pettersson ties up Kopitar and Doughty, Gaudette ties it.

leafs

2nd most wins (tied)
2nd most ROW wins
2nd most points (tied)

not a chance would they be anywhere close to the 2nd best team in a poll on these boards. the wildcard spot talk of a couple weeks ago seems pretty short sighted now
Maybe it’s a sign you shouldn’t care that much about it.

Reactions: Leafsdude7

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Is there any chance Toronto can avoid Boston in round 1?

Can the Bruins be caught for a WC spot?

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
Drink every time they mention how many career goals Auston Matthews has from now until the game ends.

I dare you.
Simple solution. Stop watching the leafs. Lol you can solve half your life’s problems by just ignoring the leafs but you can’t

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario

Montreal is only 3 points back. Just last Saturday they were 1 point ahead of Boston. Everyone was talking about how great a Leafs-Habs series would be.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Kings' kids have been great for the last month or two.

Kopitar, Doughty, Brown, and Quick need to be disgusted with themselves, they blew the Caps game, then blew this game right back to back while everyone else is 100% effort everywhere.

Granted if LA is going to use Doughty like he's Vlasic, they may as well trade him for Vlasic. Such a f***ing waste.

Reactions: bukwas

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017

Don't worry about it.
If they can't beat the Bruins there's no way they're beating the teams they'll need to beat to win a cup anyway.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
leafs

2nd most wins (tied)
2nd most ROW wins
2nd most points (tied)

The victim mentality is a bad look man....just enjoy 2nd place.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Don't worry about it.
If they can't beat the Bruins there's no way they're beating the teams they'll need to beat to win a cup anyway.
You need to beat the best, to be the best. If they play the way they’re capable of, it shouldn’t matter who they play.

I do think the playoff bracket is a complete joke though. All to enhance rivalry’s and drive sales

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
You need to beat the best, to be the best. If they play the way they’re capable of, it shouldn’t matter who they play.

I do think the playoff bracket is a complete joke though. All to enhance rivalry’s and drive sales
Agreed.
I would like to see them face the Habs in round 1 because it would be highly entertaining and to get that rivalry back to the prominence of yesteryear. Avoiding Tampa for as long as possible would also be a preference but other than those two teams i'm impartial to which team they meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad