GDT: HFBoards GDT | 12/20/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
These video tributes are getting a little excessive when Eric Fehr gets one in Pittsburgh. Did they do one for Daniel Sprong as well? :laugh:

Eric Fehr player a ton in the 2016 playoffs and Stanley Cup.

Sprong never touched the ice during a playoff run.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

That's a stretch. Sundin, Marleau Karlsson, Tavares... those are the types of players that should get video tributes; not B or C level contributors who played 107 games with a team.

Reactions: Sam Spade

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland

He played 11 min a night and most of it on the PK. Easily replaceable part who was dumped the next season. Half the Pens fans in the arena were probably like "Eric who?".

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Man Nylander has looked really bad every time I've seen him. His hands seem a lot worse and he's definitely not as quick - wonder if he bulked up too much.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
That's a stretch. Sundins, Marleau Karlsson, Tavares... those are the types of players that should get video tributes; not B or C level contributors who played 107 games with a team.

If they are giving out tributes to every player that helped them win a Stanley Cup, then you can’t just pick and choose. They set out to give one to all the guys that played a part on those teams. Not just one or two guys.

This isn’t a tribute to them no longer being with the team but actually winning something with that organization.

Karlsson and Tavaras wouldn’t get a video tribute since they haven’t won a Stanley Cup with anyone.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
He played 11 min a night and most of it on the PK. Easily replaceable part who was dumped the next season. Half the Pens fans in the arena were probably like "Eric who?".

Like I said, the team went out and said they were doing a tribute to everyone that played on the Stanley Cup team. Didn’t matter if they played 1 minute or 30.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
If they are giving out tributes to every player that helped them win a Stanley Cup, then you can’t just pick and choose. They set out to give one to all the guys that played a part on those teams. Not just one or two guys.

This isn’t a tribute to them no longer being with the team but actually winning something with that organization.

Karlsson and Tavaras wouldn’t get a video tribute since they haven’t won a Stanley Cup with anyone.

1. Video tributes to all players who were on a cup team that come back after leaving is stupid.

2.He had 14 goals in 2 years, not sure how you can build a tribute without playing each goal and assist he had.

3. Tributes happen for all long standing players who leave then play their 1st gsme in their old home arena.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
1. Video tributes to all players who were on a cup team that come back after leaving is stupid.

2.He had 14 goals in 2 years, not sure how you can build a tribute without playing each goal and assist he had.

3. Tributes happen for all long standing players who leave then play their 1st gsme in their old home arena.

I’m not sure you are understanding what I’m saying. This isn’t a tribute for long standing players.

I’m not sure how else to say what the team did.

And it’s probably fine that you think it’s stupid to show a 20 second tribute to the guys that helped them win a Stanley Cup. I’m going to go out on a limb and say the Pens Organization doesn’t care what you think.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Luongo was just referred to as a future hall of famer on the Leafs broadcast. I love me some Lu but I don't know about that.

He’s one of those guys that gets called that even though there’s only about a 50% chance it’s true.

As a Maple Leafs fan, I’m hoping you have this same reaction Patrick Marleau is referred to as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad