GDT: HFBoards GDT | 12/20/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
that was the definition of puck watching by the sharks on that goal. lol

tarapoto2006

Mar 2, 2018
That's hilarious I only just read about the automatic goal rule in the rule book the yesterday, I've never actually seen that before. Weirdest hat trick ever.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Wierd. Karlsson was right there so I figured it was just a hooking call. Oh well lol

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I just read about it in the rulebook yesterday lol. It's actually a thing. But this is the first time I've seen an awarded goal.

Oh, it's definitely a thing. Seen it many times before. But when it's a clear cut breakaway or there is major interference and you know the player would have blown right past them and scored. But this call was strange because Karlsson was right there and they were hooked. So I figured just two for hooking as it wasn't definitive that he would have scored even without the hook.

Reactions: Phu

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Oh, it's definitely a thing. Seen it many times before. But when it's a clear cut breakaway or there is major interference and you know the player would have blown right past them and scored. But this call was strange because Karlsson was right there and they were hooked. So I figured just two for hooking as it wasn't definitive that he would have scored even without the hook.
EK isn't stahping Ehlers from scoring there...

tarapoto2006

Mar 2, 2018
The Jets are experts at scoring empty net goals. That would have been in, guaranteed.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Shoot outs suck worse than a $2 hooker on a Saturday night.
I wish the NHL would just declare the game a tie after 5 minutes of 3 vs 3 OT if nobody scores.
The world will not end if a winner is not declared.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Leivo, who Leafs traded to clear space for Nylander has 2 times more goals than Nylander has points.
I am willing to bet that by seasons end, that trend will look different. That said, i am very happy for Leivo, great kid.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
12212018sports.png

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Yeah, could you imagine an OT period of 20 minutes at 3 on 3?? How often do you think they would extend beyond 10 minutes? Not very, I'm betting.
Yeah, I don't think it'd happen at all. There's so many chances on 3v3 in just the 5 minutes. I'd say you'd almost never (like less than 5 games a year) see it actually go past the 10 minutes, but I'd hate to have games go to a shootout, so I'd be hesitant to put the 10 minute timer on it.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
league needs to investigate the refs for putting money on the Knights in tonights game and I am not kidding

Because that investigation wouldn’t be mishandled at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad