GDT: HFBoards GDT | 12/19/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
He's not even the best Dman on his team. Great PP weapon though. Not a great complete Dman. I'd take like 30 Dmen in the league before Carlson
Maybe more

100% awful take guaranteed to include numerous flavor of the month defensemen.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Never once saw Letang try snapping his stick 3 times and then throwing the rest of the stick over his shoulder into the bench.

But I guess you’d know.

Letang is the biggest crybaby in the league. And it's like not even a contest.

Foots

ALL OURS
May 5, 2018
Lol you're gonna play the rent game after Wilson just came out and added another couple of city blocks to his portfolio.

Make no mistake, this is certainly a rivalry game and one that all involved want to win pretty badly, but part of that was personal between him and that stick, I can guarantee you that. That stick let him down 4-5 times tonight from point blank, including great chances late. I think we can both pretty honestly admit that Ovechkin doesn't have a problem performing against the Pens, so I'm not sure what you think "rent-free" means but it doesn't generally just mean "cares more than slightly".
He thinks OV breaking his stick means "living rent free" BS. OV broke his stick after a playoff game against the Lightning.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
100% awful take guaranteed to include numerous flavor of the month defensemen.

It's all true.

Nisky and Orlov are the ones who do the hard lifting.

Carlson is third on his own team.

I think most would take both of them over Carlson, Not calling Carlson bad or anything. Just giving props to the underrated guys on the Caps.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
It's all true.

Nisky and Orlov are the ones who do the hard lifting.

Carlson is third on his own team.

I think most would take both of them over Carlson, Not calling Carlson bad or anything. Just giving props to the underrated guys on the Caps.
Neither is a better player than Carlson based on an inventory of their individual skills, those two simply have chemistry. Carlson and Niskanen play the same side, and Orlov with Carlson handcuffs Carlson into cleaning up after Orlov's messes. It's the most efficient way to build their top 4 as a unit, but isn't indicative of who most resembles a 1D.

And Niskanen is probably a year, maybe almost two full years removed from looking anywhere near as good as Carlson overall.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Oleksiak is winning 60/100 fights vs Wilson. Just saying. This is a fact
The only fact is that he's won 0/1, and maybe that Tom Wilson's fists appear to be capable of delivering an instant hangover.

cliffclaven

Nov 29, 2018
That's why Oleksiak has no business fighting him.
The fact that you think tom Wilson is some type of badass fighter is laughable. In today’s charmin league, maybe. That’s how the game has changed, though.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Neither is a better player than Carlson based on an inventory of their individual skills, those two simply have chemistry. Carlson and Niskanen play the same side, and Orlov with Carlson handcuffs Carlson into cleaning up after Orlov's messes. It's the most efficient way to build their top 4 as a unit, but isn't indicative of who most resembles a 1D.

And Niskanen is probably a year, maybe almost two full years removed from looking anywhere near as good as Carlson overall.

They're both better players. Log more ice time, play harder mins.

Caps weren't having Carlson play the most 5v5 and 5v4 mins to the cup. It was Orlov and Nisky.

Carlson does his damage on the PP. Which is still Very valuable.

He's not someone who's gonna play shutdown Dman.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
They're both better players. Log more ice time, play harder mins.

Caps weren't having Carlson play the most 5v5 and 5v4 mins to the cup. It was Orlov and Nisky.

Carlson does his damage on the PP. Which is still Very valuable.

He's not someone who's gonna play shutdown Dman.

Neither is Orlov. That's kind of the point.

I don't really know how to explain this without it getting weird and abstract kind of quickly, but I can try.

1v1, Carlson is 100% better than Niskanen. If Carlson is, say, an 8 or 9 out of 10 offensively then Niskanen is like a 6 or 7, speaking roughly. Playing Orlov cleanup can be a full time job, though. He needs a responsible anchor, and that's going to limit the offensive effectiveness of that defenseman.

Playing that role for Orlov turns Carlson into something of a 6-7/10 too, but there's no LD available to the Capitals that would make Niskanen look like more than what he is. Cumulatively, the effect is better when Carlson and Orlov are both allowed to impact the game as much as possible without hampering one another. It's about trying to make 14 or 15 instead of settling for 12 because of the optics and an isolated position battle on a depth chart.

cliffclaven

Nov 29, 2018
He would. Then he would laugh on the bench while HF Boards (if it existed then) meltdown.
Bwaahahahahahahaahaa. Wilson literally would be tkod by every single one of those guys. This isn’t disputable. I will have to assume you never saw any of those guys play or fight outside of YouTube.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Which is how we know the mojo swap is complete. I remember celebrating regular season wins a little too much to make up for some playoff shortcomings too.

Who the hell is “we”? I’m sure me being happy about a Penguins win will somehow influence what happens with the Penguins the rest of the year.

Will the mojo really be that different? Lol

JustinCase

Dec 1, 2018
Ontario
Tell me how Penguins won their first most recent Cup again?

The Pens were widely considered one of the deepest teams in the league . In 2016, they had Phil Kessel on their 3rd line. ( HBK line )

They got timely scoring from depth guys like Rust, Hagelin, Bonino, Hornqvist, and Guentzel. They didn't have to rely solely on their big 3.
That's how the Penguins won both of their recent cups.

Foots

ALL OURS
May 5, 2018
Bwaahahahahahahaahaa. Wilson literally would be tkod by every single one of those guys. This isn’t disputable. I will have to assume you never saw any of those guys play or fight outside of YouTube.
I have seen them on tv back then. Not impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad