GDT: HFBoards GDT | 12/19/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
For everything said to be going wrong for the Penguins, they are only 5 points back from first and still have a couple guys out to injury.

I think the narrative of their demise was brought up too soon.

Reactions: Sk8M8 and TheTang58

cliffclaven

Nov 29, 2018
And Wilson will most likely put Oleksiak to sleep again.
50/50. I hate both teams.. just like the fact that there’s a few old schoolers still left. Wilson/Oleksiak would’ve gotten absolutely destroyed 20 years ago.. but at least a few are still willing to drop them.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Let the hatred flow through you. It’s just the regular season!

Which is how we know the mojo swap is complete. I remember celebrating regular season wins a little too much to make up for some playoff shortcomings too.

Reactions: Foots

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
nice try with this silliness

Nailbiter with plenty to celebrate? A hair here or there and the Capitals could have walked with that one, so yeah, forgive me if I don't seem super upset by Penguins fans who forgot how last year went. It was always going to be a long celebration, you should have known that.

Frankly between the actual knockout and the way Ovechkin punked Crosby after, Sid seemed pretty motivated to save face so the "who is it important to" game is pretty stupid.

Reactions: Drakon

deepelemblues

May 25, 2016
Pittsburgh
Nailbiter with plenty to celebrate? A hair here or there and the Capitals could have walked with that one, so yeah, forgive me if I don't seem super upset by Penguins fans who forgot how last year went. It was always going to be a long celebration, you should have known that.

maybe you honestly thought the guy was saying you're celebrating winning the cup too long but i read it a different way

you can imagine that the heads i win tails you lose situation you set up for yourself in the comment i quoted is something more than good old fan sniping at one another

but it isn't

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
maybe you honestly thought the guy was saying you're celebrating winning the cup too long but i read it a different way

you can imagine that the heads i win tails you lose situation you set up for yourself in the comment i quoted is something more than good old fan sniping at one another

but it doesn't
I forgot Penguins fans are the only ones who get to have their cake and eat it too.

It sucks hearing the stupid **** you guys say all the time parroted back at you, I'm sure.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
I forgot Penguins fans are the only ones who get to have their cake and eat it too.

It sucks hearing the stupid **** you guys say all the time parroted back at you, I'm sure.

For a person who claims to be unbothered, you sure seem bothered.

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
Which is how we know the mojo swap is complete. I remember celebrating regular season wins a little too much to make up for some playoff shortcomings too.
Judging by Ovi’s reaction, the Pens still live rent-free in his head. No swap...

cliffclaven

Nov 29, 2018
upload_2018-12-19_23-4-15.jpeg
upload_2018-12-19_23-4-15.jpeg

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Judging by Ovi’s reaction, the Pens still live rent-free in his head. No swap...
Lol you're gonna play the rent game after Wilson just came out and added another couple of city blocks to his portfolio.

Make no mistake, this is certainly a rivalry game and one that all involved want to win pretty badly, but part of that was personal between him and that stick, I can guarantee you that. That stick let him down 4-5 times tonight from point blank, including great chances late. I think we can both pretty honestly admit that Ovechkin doesn't have a problem performing against the Pens, so I'm not sure what you think "rent-free" means but it doesn't generally just mean "cares more than slightly".

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
WTF? Oleksiak caught by surprise? Are you drunk? He threw the first punch.

I'm saying Wilson got him by suprise. One punch KOs isn't a normal thing.

Oleksiak wins most fights vs anyone in the league.

But who really cares.

Foots

ALL OURS
May 5, 2018

But who really cares.
WTF? [mod] Wilson threw more than one punch.

Last edited by a moderator:

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009

But who really cares.
Lol, you can tell just from Oleksiak's face that it wasn't just one punch.

Oleksiak started square, and wound up with his back to Wilson at one point, so he was either getting manhandled by the smaller guy or cowering from punches. Not that it did much good in the end.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I specifically paid attention to John Carlson in tonight’s game and he was thoroughly mediocre throughout, as he has been when I’ve watched him otherwise.

No clue how people can say that he is one of the league’s elite defensemen, and cite nothing other than their viewings. You would have to be so biased to consider him a Norris candidate based on viewing him.

He's not even the best Dman on his team. Great PP weapon though. Not a great complete Dman. I'd take like 30 Dmen in the league before Carlson
Maybe more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad