GDT: HFBoards GDT | 11/30/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakedYams

Jan 14, 2017
Kadri also was unable to "blanket" McDavid as in previous games, though McDavid's giveaway did contribute to his 2nd goal.
Pretty sure Kadri only scored one. And McDavid's lone goal came with Matthews trying to defend him. It's still a win in the end for TO.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Was a much better game than I was expecting from my oilers, especially in the second and third.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Despite points, McDavid was noticeably better individually than Matthews in this game. But who gives a ****, the Leafs won and the Oilers crapped the bed. And Matthews ended up contributing to the victory so who's to say he didn't win this match up.
Other than when McDavid got on vs. Polak which would've been Matthews vs. Gryba if it was a ACC game, all I saw from him was his exteresstial speed with good vision and hands but nothing special tbh. Maybe an off game, maybe due to linemates, but definitely think Matthews combined impact in defensive & offensive zones was better. And he was sick.
Pretty sure Kadri only scored one. And McDavid's lone goal came with Matthews trying to defend him. It's still a win in the end for TO.
Can't blame Matthews on the McDavid goal, he had to worry about a player at each of Andy's posts, best way to play that is to get in the middle of them and hope you can turn to the player that gets the puck before they do anything.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Other than when McDavid got on vs. Polak which would've been Matthews vs. Gryba if it was a ACC game, all I saw from him was his exteresstial speed with good vision and hands but nothing special tbh. Maybe an off game, maybe due to linemates, but definitely think Matthews combined impact in defensive & offensive zones was better. And he was sick.
I definitely tried to pay close attention to both Matthews & McDavid, but obviously the attention was more on McDavid and the Oilers. I thought McDavid was more noticeable than Matthews out there, but that's just an subjective opinion and not the complete truth and obviously affected by the viewer bias that each of us have.

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
None taken. I notice the Leafs D sag against the Oilers speed trying to prevent a clear path to Andersen. Likely a tactical adjustment. But it certainly made the game appear one sided.

Hey Leo,

I am not an expert on Stats, High Danger Shot gives as a good picture but I would submit it is not the full picture to extent that we are not measuring the possession time in the offensive zone. I would suspect from watching last night, Edmonton had more offensive zone time against Toronto excluding Power Play in the 2nd and 3rd period.

The was probably what I was seeing in the game. The possession did not lead to a High Danger opportunity but the play itself was dictated by Edmonton and the Leafs playing a more conservative Defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad